When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Tricycle ID what is it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Drosentreter

I live for the CABE
Just saw this at a car show, Early tricycle, no idea what it is or what it’s worth. Wanting to find out for a new friend lol, not wanting to sell. Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

0E61A0CC-FB0B-4F6F-8915-40DB234B2E76.jpeg

BE4BC7AC-84D1-4D63-92D0-D6F71B33D15A.jpeg

5016D75E-2716-4F67-823A-5F43E7D8173A.jpeg

The seat style is that of the Sky Skipper model which I believe was made by Junior Toy Co. Maybe someone more into 1930s streamlined trikes could weigh in on my assumption.

Dave

Any more help? Really wanting to help the guy out… he is typically a car guy but is just ecstatic about this trike.

Somebody has to know something more about this…
I did some more digging and found this Worthpoint listing - https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1930s-junior-toy-co-sky-line-knight-293374791 - the author calls it a Junior Toy Sky Line Knight King model, but isn't 100% certain that's the exact model name. The one you showed could either be missing the large front fender or have been a fender-less model. Some of the 1930s streamlined trikes did come in two versions - with or without the fancy fenders. Not sure about the originality of the handle bar either. Though as the Worthpoint writeup correctly states, there were several models in this "Sky" line of trikes with variations in their design and model name.

Dave

Last edited:
I did some more digging and found this Worthpoint listing - https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1930s-junior-toy-co-sky-line-knight-293374791 - the author calls it a Junior Toy Sky Line Knight King model, but isn't 100% certain that's the exact model name. The one you showed could either be missing the large front fender or have been a fender-less model. Some of the 1930s streamlined trikes did come in two versions - with or without the fancy fenders. I'm fairly certain it is a Junior Toy tricycle and is in their "Sky" series of trikes, just not positive about the exact model name or year.

Dave
Thank you. Awesome info. My friend will be thrilled to know this!

I think it may have been a different model but that’s closer than I had come up with! His was missing the back wheels, but had 2 feather looking hubcaps mounted on the rear axles. He still has them but one is broke so he didn’t put them back on.

Back