Easy picture tip from a young whippersnapper

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 26, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
There's not an obvious place to put this post, but I thought it would be a helpful one.

If ever you'd like to post a picture that you found on google, or elsewhere on the internet, this is a way to do so without having to first save the image, upload and host it yourself before posting. There are very few places where this will not work; the only one I can think of offhand is Luxlow's popup images. Basically it just exploits the fact that the image is already hosted on the interweb, so why host it again when you can just borrow it.

Simply right-click on the image, click view image:

dF7RpRf-1.jpg

Copy the URL:

HfcgYn6-1.jpg

Paste it inside of an open and closed image tag:

Nb3BDdi-1.jpg

Voila!

102829-1.jpg

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
Jul 21, 2011
Mpls, MN
That is helpful Jason, thx, not sure what an open and closed image tag is, but I will try it out! Does this work on a Mac?

Darcie

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
you do realize your using up bandwidth when this done called Hotlinking images

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but other websites get mad when this style is done unless the site is dedicated to hosting images, use, Flickr or photobucket. Otherwise "hotlinking"
and image like that uses bandwiththat Scott is not paying for and the image can be replaced with whatever the owner of the site wants. So if you just gonna borrow and image, save it and put in photobucket then host it, or upload it. This also helps when we searches for old threads, because the site your linking from may be long gone 5 years from now.

Kind like your wiping your butt, but your arm stretches to your neighbors house and you can use that paper without telling him, same thing.

Crazy8

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2013
Glenside Pa (19038)
In that first image where it has the menu, click "View Image Info". That will give you the URL for the image. Choose the link that is highlighted when the box opens after clicking "View Image Info". Then simply copy it, and paste it in the URL section on Cabe when you click "Insert Image". Uncheck "Retrieve remove file". Takes all of 3 seconds.

102829-2.jpg

Last edited:

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 26, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
Sorry to be the debbie downer, but other websites get mad when this style is done unless the site is dedicated to hosting images, use, Flickr or photobucket. Otherwise "hotlinking"
and image like that uses bandwiththat Scott is not paying for and the image can be replaced with whatever the owner of the site wants. So if you just gonna borrow and image, save it and put in photobucket then host it, or upload it. This also helps when we searches for old threads, because the site your linking from may be long gone 5 years from now.

Kind like your wiping your butt, but your arm stretches to your neighbors house and you can use that paper without telling him, same thing.
I thought about this too. I figure it's small scale enough where it wouldn't cause issue, but I do get it. I typically use it to post a quick reference picture for the purpose of answering or asking a question so longevity isn't necessarily a concern. The URL would change with a different image so worst case it'll just break the link.

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 26, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
Last edited:

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
thats great the software can do that

I didn't know it would save it out. There was probably a cut when it started as there are old threads with missing images.

sm2501

CABE owner
Staff member
System Administrator
May 21, 2006
Dalworthington Gardens, TX
www.thecabe.com
Nice catch! It sure does look that way. We can rest assured now that we're using Scott's toilet paper.

scott201000-1.jpg
I'm not sure what to say to this....I am not sure if I am honored or feeling like I have just been called an a-hole!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
Staff member
System Administrator
May 20, 2006
Cheney, WA
ALW is correct, this is an OK thing to do since we have software that imports those remotely hosted images and places them on the Cabe's server. No problemo!

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Jan 20, 2010
Fairborn, Ohio
Wha' ... ???

abe lugo ... I don't understand much of anything in this entire thread ... my inability to conceive the thought
and the process --- no reflection on anyone else.

However, abe lugo ... I love your line, above, that is quoted ... it speaks to me in a very-surreal way ... can see
the content in a painting .. but mostly am channeling a grainy, black 'n' white film.

Primo !!!

........ patric cafaro

==================
==================

This ad goes away when you register for an account!