When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay 1966 Schwinn Sting-Ray 5 Speed Fastbacks

-

sthpawil

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello everyone. I have QTY = 2 1966 Schwinn Sting-Ray 5 Speed Fastbacks for sale on eBay.

Auctions end Thursday, Sept 16, 2021 around 2:00pm CDT

They were both built in October 1966. The blue one is S/N JB11xxx, and the coppertone one is S/N JB12xxx.

Blue: The front brake caliper is broken and has been removed, but we have it and it will go with the bike. The rear seat bracket has been welded. Otherwise, believed to be complete.

Coppertone: Missing seat and seat bracket. Rear derailleur has a broken sprocket bracket, but it is included. Otherwise, believed to be complete.

These belonged to my brothers and I, and we got them secondhand. They have both been sitting in a barn since 1983.

They were ridden hard and put away wet, so they need lots of work. :)

PXL_20210909_142328190.jpg

PXL_20210909_141417799.jpg

PXL_20210909_140917931.jpg

Last edited:
SOLD! $566 & $565. Buyer picked up the bikes and a box of parts that went along with them this morning. The buyer and I were both very pleased with the transaction. Unbeknownst to me, the buyer said that the coppertone bike is more desirable to collectors right now. He plans on disassembling both bikes, cleaning them up as best he can, and then putting the coppertone bike back together using the best parts from each bike. He plans to keep them as original as possible... not much restoration beyond new cables, tubes, and tires.

SPECIAL SURPRISE: The buyer looked over the other bikes that were in the barn and found a thrown together bike that had a Schwinn Wheel with an ATOM Front Drum Brake on it. He is going to verify its authenticity and he will purchase that as well if it is the real thing.

Received an update from the guy who purchased the two Stingrays. He ended up having to purchase one more Stingray in order to complete them. He cleaned them up and they are looking sharp! Paint and chrome is original, but he did add some new decals.

Quite a difference between the before & after pics!

PXL_20210909_141417799.jpg

PXL_20210909_142328190.jpg

IMG_20220105_100352.jpg

Back