When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay bike sale / return / seller protection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikiba

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
If this is in the wrong thread I apologize - i checked and it seemed ebay Qs are posted all over. Anyways ill cut this short.

- I sold a bike on ebay
- the guy claims it was damaged. He has state there is nothing wrong with the box and he hasnt sent me a picture after i asked him a few times.
- he put in for a return - i havent accepted it yet.
- i call ebay, explain the story and ask them what to do and what would happen
- the lady says, wait for the time to run out and the buyer has to engage ebay to ask us to step in
- ebay will then send him a return label - i will be charged for that
- i ask her, how can you accept a return when it states I dont accept returns and he hasnt shown what is damaged. She says it is ebay policy and the key for ebay is to get the product back in to my hands. When I get the bike back I have 2 options.

1. If the bike comes back FINE, no issues, I tell ebay and they log it as buyers remorse - i will appeal the return cost and this guy will be suspended for like 6 months or something. I dont really care

Now this is the crazy part

A. If the bike comes back DAMAGED - I need to tell them it was damaged and that I can not resell it. If they deem it was due to the buyer - they will then let me KEEP the money and that guy is out of luck.
B. If the bike comes back DAMAGED - I need to tell them it was damaged and that I can not resell it. If they deem it was NOT due to the buyer - they will let me keep the money AND either refund or partially refund the buyer!!! because of buyer and seller protection

I told her - this is absolutely insane. She said this is a part of the ebay guarantee.

Is anyone familiar with this at all? Any info would be appreciated. I just think it opens up all kinds of grey areas for ebay and this is probably why all of the fees are so high. They probably have dishonest people scamming them all the time.

1563221965073.png

Some buyers on eBay may not have the best abilities to take and share pictures; how to transfer pictures from their camera to their computer. Bicycle frames are relatively heavy and they get dropped on the pointy ends, often breaking through the cardboard boxes.

Some buyers on eBay may not have the best abilities to take and share pictures; how to transfer pictures from their camera to their computer. Bicycle frames are relatively heavy and they get dropped on the pointy ends, often breaking through the cardboard boxes.

agreed - BUT

1. the delivery required a signature - so any box issues they should have rejected the delivery AND
2. the buyer told me the box came in PERFECT condition. Not a scratch on it AND
3. i doubled up the box as another bike i had shipped months ago the shippers put a gash in to it, so since then i ship bikes in double walled boxes and that has never happened again.

This is true of me. Don't know how to post pictures. YET. Razin.

Back