Ebay BS....

This ad disappears when logged in

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
antiquebikeparts.com
So ebay is now removing all auctions as soon as they end. So only the buyers and sellers can see them. They use to be up for a few months. I bet they will start charging use to be able see ended auctions. Like an on line price guide.

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Nov 9, 2011
Midcoast, ME
That really sucks, I'm always pursing the completed listings, its a great way to figure out how much to bid on the active stuff.

z-bikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 21, 2010
Green Bay, WI
All the finished auctions in my watched list are still there just by calling up the list. I watch certain items just to see what they actually sell for.

Now I see it. once you click on the text "see original listing" is where the BS starts.

Last edited:

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
I noticed that within the "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." Sometimes the "Listing" word is a link to the actual old listing.

Yesterday I can across a link for an about 5 year listing still on ebay, with pictures that worked. Not sure how the link was saved out but it keep all the old info...

So the data is still there, just a matter of knowing the how to get to it.

Now if the "search completed listings" went away, that would suck.

Its like eBay is taking a page out Cabe sellers' books and editing away the sale price.

yeah I am looking at old Cadillac's and what!!

Tikibar

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 29, 2015
Evanston, United States
Yet another tightening of ebay's hands on its own throat as it chokes itself into oblivion. The one that's got me is that the link to My Lists has recently disappeared and the 20 or so lists I had been curating are hard to reach. Luckily I bookmarked it, but I can't imagine what they're thinking as they remove features and make it harder to buy.

For anyone looking for past auction info, this still works:

http://www.watchcount.com/completed.php

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 1, 2015
Detroit, United States
Mentioned above is correct. I had to click on listing in order to see something a family member purchased for me as a birthday gift. Took me a minute of monkeying around before I realized that it was right in front of me. Still an assanine change that wasn't at all needed. One more reason to despise fleabay.

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Nov 9, 2011
Midcoast, ME
Right, you can still see completed listings they just try to divert your attention to active listings. Takes several clicks and some scrolling but they are there.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture