When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Idiot

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like a pissing match between two know it all ego maniacs. Where's my popcorn.
I personally wouldn't have responded. Simple as that. Why add fuel to a fire?
Ok Chris--I got it--for some reason you don't like me. The feeling is becoming much more mutual.

Looks like a pissing match between two know it all ego maniacs. Where's my popcorn.

Yes, but who doesn't like a good, old fashioned Barn Burning? Old barns ablaze with dry fuel is a sight to see. People show their ignorance and a lack of schooling in plain sight when they can't properly spell words or construct a sentence that is interpretable: =Your 1st clue. Lots of people like that out there! You either know or believe you know, right?
When presented with overwhelming evidence, you must re-think your position. Hard to do for all of us. Love The Cabe!

Yes, but who doesn't like a good, old fashioned Barn Burning? Old barns ablaze with dry fuel is a sight to see. People show their ignorance and a lack of schooling in plain sight when they can't properly spell words or construct a sentence that is interpretable: =Your 1st clue. Lots of people like that out there! You either know or believe you know, right?
When presented with overwhelming evidence, you must re-think your position. Hard to do for all of us. Love The Cabe!
ah come on everybody, give this guy a little lead way, it's very possible that his dad was a Schwinn dealer, he just didn't meantion that it was in a hobby store selling 1/16" scale size model kits, and we all know how hard it is to find the serial number on thoes, as well as frankinstein the mummy, werewolf and many others. as for his Bad attitude and potty mouth is a result of his dad never permitting him to open the boxes to play with them, and thus....trolls ebay with frustration of issues on Schwinn phantom serial numbers that never matched the Franklin Mint ones......
Schwinn-Black-Phantom-Bicycle-1.20-Scale-1999-Die-Cast-By-Xonex-2513401049.jpg

s-l400 (7).jpg

s-l400 (8).jpg

So some of you may have seen the girls blue (1955) Phantom I have listed here as well as EBay. So today I get the following message from jamebrannons-0:
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036878)
What is the Serial Number on this Bike?
Look under the Crank Housing for it.

I reply
New message to: jamebrannons-0
I'm guessing you are new to classic bikes. Starting in 1952 Schwinn moved the serial number to the left rear drop out. The serial is T82597 putting the frame date at 20-25 Oct 1955. Thanks for your interest.

He responds
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036879)
On the contrary..My Dad was a Schwinn Dealership...
I own 31 Schwinn bicycles..
10 of them are Phantoms.. All are restored as originals..
Your Bike is no where as regards color..color by
segment/scheme/shade of originalbikes..even
Handle bars are questionable..if yours started out as original,
you have missed your..objective of repaint,etc..good luck
with your misguided offering.

My reply (he's starting to piss me off now...)
So you mean to tell me that you own 10 Phantoms an you didn't know they moved the serial in 1952? I have seven original Phantoms along with Aerocycle, Deluxe Autocycle. Cycleplane, Motobike and that's just the Schwinn's. You, my friend, are dillusional. I would hate to see your "restorations". Talk to Bob Ujszaszi about my bike and see what he says. BTW if you don't know who he is you don't know anything about Schwinns. Post your bikes up on the Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange (CABE) forum and lets see what ya got.

His final response
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036880)
You go F*** yourself..They moved the i.d. location early in year from original location...You want someone to post their owner-ships for you and all to see?
Time you take a lesson in security. You want to sell something as a valuable original...then restore it just as it came out to sh*theads like you.

Obviously James has issues and probably didn't do well in school. I put him on my blocked bidder list. Just thought I would share in case anyone else runs into this tool. V/r Shawn

This does sound funny and off the wall for sure. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps he is Canadian? You sure got the EGO thing right!!!

Last edited:
I agree. Someone has a big ego here.

Sounds like a fun guy to argue politics with at a bar, assuming he's drinking age.
Some people just like to argue. Not me. I won't let someone insult me/family/friend, but won't "take the bait" on such crap. "Fords better that Chev's"...I mean really..who gives a rat's ass? Life's to short. Politics is a joke. They all want $$ and fame. Don't care crap about us. Why argue?

Make Love, not War. Or have a beer. Chill out. Agree to disagree....Have I said this before?

So some of you may have seen the girls blue (1955) Phantom I have listed here as well as EBay. So today I get the following message from jamebrannons-0:
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036878)
What is the Serial Number on this Bike?
Look under the Crank Housing for it.

I reply
I'm guessing you are new to classic bikes. Starting in 1952 Schwinn moved the serial number to the left rear drop out. The serial is T82597 putting the frame date at 20-25 Oct 1955. Thanks for your interest.

He responds
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036879)
On the contrary..My Dad was a Schwinn Dealership...
I own 31 Schwinn bicycles..
10 of them are Phantoms.. All are restored as originals..
Your Bike is no where as regards color..color by
segment/scheme/shade of originalbikes..even
Handle bars are questionable..if yours started out as original,
you have missed your..objective of repaint,etc..good luck
with your misguided offering.

My reply (he's starting to piss me off now...)
So you mean to tell me that you own 10 Phantoms an you didn't know they moved the serial in 1952? I have seven original Phantoms along with Aerocycle, Deluxe Autocycle. Cycleplane, Motobike and that's just the Schwinn's. You, my friend, are dillusional. I would hate to see your "restorations". Talk to Bob Ujszaszi about my bike and see what he says. BTW if you don't know who he is you don't know anything about Schwinns. Post your bikes up on the Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange (CABE) forum and lets see what ya got.

His final response
New message from: jamebrannons-0 (33View attachment 1036880)
You go F*** yourself..They moved the i.d. location early in year from original location...You want someone to post their owner-ships for you and all to see?
Time you take a lesson in security. You want to sell something as a valuable original...then restore it just as it came out to sh*theads like you.

Obviously James has issues and probably didn't do well in school. I put him on my blocked bidder list. Just thought I would share in case anyone else runs into this tool. V/r Shawn
check his feedback too.
no feedback as a seller.33 positives but he hasnt left any for his buys.wasnt ebay based on feedback years ago?

I believe social media has a lot to do with James's problem. Faceplant, twitter, snapchat et al have fostered a corrosive atmosphere regarding how people interact with strangers on the internet. If you contradict or disagree with people these days they instantly get defensive and take it as an assault on the core of their humanity.
I see it happen all the time here on this website. People didn't used to be that way not that long ago.
Very true, and these same people can’t differentiate between being online and the outside real world. The people who give their opinions without being asked for it.

Back