When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Indian

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline

While I'm no expert on these I spoke with another member and we aren't seeing a whole of Indian here. Anyone care to weigh in? I don't think bars, stem, seat, chain, chain ring, hubs, pedals, or fork are correct for any TOC Indian. V/r Shawn

1575422444026.png

The handlebar stem is from a ''steering-wheel'' set-up ...
offered in the teen's era … perhaps factory-installed by
a manufacturer who produced an ''auto-related'' bicycle.

To my eye - it does have somewhat of a motorcycle ''look''.

Some CABEr out there knows what the hay I am typin' about …
might even have documentation / pictures …… ?

Found one of these stems at an ancient MLC swap.

When @sm2501 saw what I had … he handed me his wallet.
I gifted that stem to him.

He was so overwhelmed … he offered to buy me supper at a
''very nice'' restaurant in Grand Rapids .. adding, ''I hope you
don't mind carrying your own tray.''

….. patric

The chain ring may be correct, and very similar to this skip tooth block chain driven sprocket that resides on an Hendee Indian (early)1900's racer.
Note the raised areas b/t each tooth on the eBay Indian chain ring and the Hendee Indian chain ring pictures provided.
Note also the locator pin on the crank arms as is related to the crank assy.
The two frames have very similar design charistics from what I can see, the rest of the Ebay Indian I'm not to sure about.

Jerry.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I think it would have to be 1900 or before and then in that case it has the wrong badge (Ebay bike). This ring is not shown in the 1901-3 cats. Frame looks similar so maybe it did start as a real Indian? Still where would you find that badge for sale (along with the other parts)? V/r Shawn

About 30 years ago I had that open stamped Indian badge on a bike with that chainring first bike I ever sold for over a thousand dollars thinking the guy who bought it said 1900 - 1903 had a thor hub it was in original green paint

Back