When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay lights in Schwinn boxes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinBrick

I live for the CABE
Am I missing something with these lights.. $225?
They are stamped made in Hong Kong.. They look like the
rare CEV light made in Italy.. but I don’t think the 2 here were ever oem by Schwinn? .. I was thinking the lights on auction were maybe worth $40 ea..

The listing is pretty much fraudulent, but it sure looks like some smart folks fell into the outhouse hole with one being the winner of a $10 pair of Walmart bike accessories.

Pair Of Vintage Schwinn Lights Deluxe Generator Set Unused In Box Part No.04140.

Seller revised the listing deleting the Made in China shot too. Chicago Schwinn never used lights made in China. They may have sold them as accessories at the dealer, but never used them as factory issue. The last battery-operated light that came factory mounted was the pumpkin light with no reflectors.

1972 catalog

1658081543292.png

Ad is very misleading.. These Hong Kong knock offs make great place holders until you can find the real deal.. But I think at least a couple people thought they were buying factory Schwinn lights.. Put them in Schwinn boxes and add on an extra $175 profit.. Ouch..

The listing is pretty much fraudulent, but it sure looks like some smart folks fell into the outhouse hole with one being the winner of a $10 pair of Walmart bike accessories.

Pair Of Vintage Schwinn Lights Deluxe Generator Set Unused In Box Part No.04140.

Seller revised the listing deleting the Made in China shot too. Chicago Schwinn never used lights made in China. They may have sold them as accessories at the dealer, but never used them as factory issue. The last battery-operated light that came factory mounted was the pumpkin light with no reflectors.

1972 catalog

I got one but I wonder if other people have it too but don’t know because the part number no . 05721 is stamped on the underside on the mounting bracket @KevinBrick check it out as well

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

Back