When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay problems; as usual

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Stuff sometimes gets unintentionally misrepresented. Are you saying that the seller was being blatantly dishonest?
I agree with fattyre in that, you failed to ask if in-fact it was leather.

All I see here is a failure on the sellers part to know what he’s selling, and a failure on your part to ask questions. It’s a wash as far as I’m concerned.

Bike was a trade with a known cycling club member who I have dealt with many times; no shipping involved. The saddle seller is also a prior business acquaintance so I am on familiar ground and he does not have issues with me. I am just surprised at the lack of either knowledge of his own inventory and/or lack of verifying his own listing as being accurate before offering an item for sale. There is no concern of deception between us. Again, I am merely providing my experience and advice regarding purchasing items listed as leather and how to avoid potential issues if you do (cycling related or not; ebay or another platform). Read into it what you want., but I try to defer to a seller's knowledge and so why ask a person if something is leather if they already have stated is as being just that. I am getting a refund; seller apologized (as I knew he would) for not properly inspecting the item and basing the description on looks alone. My only fault is trusting another's description because I must be a fool to do so with an individual I have successfully had business dealings with in the past without issue.

Last edited:
So now I have blame placed upon myself for buying something that was improperly listed. I was merely seeking a Fondriest saddle. I have previously stated that I would have no problem with the saddle only that it was misrepresented as to its construction. Sorry that folks do not understand what it is to be in business and how it affects your professional integrity. I merely am informing others of my experience(s) amd how to avoid potential conflicts. Take it as you will.
I think people speed read posts and assume they totally understand wast the OP means.
I understand your frustration, even the manufacturers misrepresent products. For instance the new seat material even on autos is PU leather. Sometimes I do not think they are forthcoming on this fact.
You can tell when it starts disintegrating in sunlight or someone burns the seat but otherwise you would have to look hard to tell it is not real leather.
I appreciate any warnings on things, it seams like I cannot buy enough broken, defective, wrong or misrepresented items.
No it is not your fault that the seller did not know what he was selling. But it is good to ask for some proof.

Last edited:
Back