When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay shadyness?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jusy curious what the masses think.... My last ebay purchase was a local pickup bike which ended up being at an antique mall. Seller said I had to pay in cash at the store (which cost me extra sales tax but he sold me the bike at half of what he was asking so I didnt mind too much). I see another listing by a different seller says that $50 is due after auction ends and remainder is cash upon pickup. Is this all attempts to save money on ebay fees by sellers and is it even right to do?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Cheap people will often step over a dollar to pick up a dime. They think they are saving themselves money on ebay and pay pal fees. But for what little money they save, they loss out on what could be a little more money. Or a lot of money.

Jusy curious what the masses think.... My last ebay purchase was a local pickup bike which ended up being at an antique mall. Seller said I had to pay in cash at the store (which cost me extra sales tax but he sold me the bike at half of what he was asking so I didnt mind too much). I see another listing by a different seller says that $50 is due after auction ends and remainder is cash upon pickup. Is this all attempts to save money on ebay fees by sellers and is it even right to do?

I think it is an attempt to get you to have skin in the game. Ie if you give a deposit your more likely to follow through with the transaction.

I think it is an attempt to get you to have skin in the game. Ie if you give a deposit your more likely to follow through with the transaction.

I think it is more people trying to get out of fees. You see a lot of listings where the seller basically says "If you realy want it, make me an offer and we will do it off of ebay".

It seems like it should be against ebay rules since they would be losing out on that practice. Dont get me wrong...I think ebay takes a lot, but I see it as the price of worldwide advertisement

I see people do that with cars. 500 dollar paypal and the rest cash at pick up.

I think it is more people trying to get out of fees. You see a lot of listings where the seller basically says "If you realy want it, make me an offer and we will do it off of ebay".
I have not seen it quite that flagrant, however, many times I will indicate that my item is listed locally on CL as well.

Back