When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay win received damaged.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The're not really idots...they just don't know what the HE double hockey sticks they are doing....

What has been your damaged / mis-represented claim process experience with ebay?

That's too bad John. It seems like this was more a misrepresentation issue, though, depending on how it was packaged, that dashboard could have broke in shipping. UPS has an automatic 100$ insurance for damages but that would only apply if the box had visible damage as they have no obligation as to how it was packaged inside by the seller. UPS rule of thumb is it must be able to be dropped 3 feet and have 150lbs or so stacked on it.

So unless the box arrived in bad disarray, this would be up to the seller to come forth and honor the issue. If he refuses, you can always open an ebay dispute but those can get long and messy so just hope he's a standup guy.

The box was damaged but, the damage to the bike had to be previous and the seller was not forth coming with that info. As i recalled, I assumed the missing horn switch in the poor listing pic was due to not being equiped with this option. I have sent the seller emails and received one response and he seemed (an employee) to think the refund would be accepted. This also involves incorrect product information that I was answered to before the bidding process started...mis-representation. if I had known the lights were inoperative and damaged / Switch damaged / and additional damage to the rack, bezel, I would have elected to not bid. I will ask for more pictures and additional item descriptions from here on out.

I have sent 2 follow up emails and no responses yet.

How long should I wait for the sellers response before I contact ebay for assistance?
Should I threaten the seller with a bad rating and the lengthy process he will soon be involved in on the claim?

What is your experiences been with this ebay claim process?

Thanks
JD

Last edited:
Sorry that this has happened to you. There's a time limit of X number of days that eBay imposes before they'll accept complaints....this is to allow for the two parties to try to work something out. You can try reporting the incidence and if it's too soon then you'll see a message from ebay telling you so.

This is pretty clear cut:

You asked specific condition questions BEFORE bidding
They answered inaccurately (fargin lying iceholes)

If the seller is an outright crook then he's relying on the "damaged in transit" defense but that won't fly if he didn't pack it well....and if the box doesn't show obvious external damage then the bike must've had existing damage.

At this point you may be best served speaking with the boss directly, the employee is only acting as a buffer...and who's to say he wasn't the one who boxed it up? Punk kid probably busted it himself and is now trying to cover his buttocks.

Should I threaten the seller with a bad rating and the lengthy process he will soon be involved in on the claim?

If you do that eBay can suspend you account for feedback manipulation. Just open a case and I'm sure you will hear from the seller ASAP.

The seller is a standup guy and refunded.some money for the.damage.
He'll get a good rating from me.
It's all good.

Anybody have a ladies Spaceliner two knobed dash?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

The seller is a standup guy and refunded.some money for the.damage.
He'll get a good rating from me.
It's all good.

Anybody have a ladies Spaceliner two knobed dash?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Glad you got that settled. Still waiting for the tank that I bought off ePay to arrive and will let you know if I decide to let it go.

My dash is also a single knob. Dangit John, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have none at all! :p

Back