When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay's 2014 Peewee Herman's $36,000 bike sale was a fraud!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hey guys not sure why this came back up again. Anyhow, I feel like I helped some of the resurgence in interest in this bike about 10 years ago. I found a thread in a movie replica site called the ther therpf.com. Anyhow I continued doing research and posted all my findings and posted all exact parts for this bike.
As you see in any site there are scumbags out to make a buck. And the they do existing that that site sometimes this one. So that is why you will see some bike labeled as a real movie prop bike.
I used the rpf thread as a build thread and once I was done with my project I left the thread. Currently it keeps going on with others building their bikes. I sold off my spares long ago.

As for the movie bike
I think we went through the exercise and found in the range of 5-10 unique bikes in the movie. If you are well versed in it you can spot the differences, just like fake auto cycles. Further research showed that the pedal pusher claimed to have built 15ish bikes. I believe that they built a couple, a hero bike and a stunt bike. And the rest would have been duplicated by the prop department. I have only seen about 4 legit bikes sold.
I personally saw and sat one that was at an officially movie auction. There also one on permanent display in the Hollywood Movie museum and in the bike museum of America. For the BIke museum one, I believe a member of those board sold the bike on eBay and got about 15k for it. It was incomplete and once I knew about it, I dontated a bunch of missing parts to help complete it.
The 36k one from about 5 years ago was not one of them. I remember how much of the was suspect and moved on.
In the Tarzan scene there is also one with what looked to be a motorbike prewar frame and off springer.

There is one that apparently claims lineage but there is not actual proof tracing it back to a studio lot. Or screen shots proving the paint scuffing matches or anything.
That said I have probably built one most faithfully movie replicas available. And never claim it to be real.
I went so far as to build a Dottie bike for
My wife and was looking to build and Warner Brothers lot chase bike for fun.

There are Builders male infertility replica se that were better than the movie bike. But that is not point.

For those who don't care about this movie or this bike, you should have stopped reading above. Also just ignore me. If you cannot appreciate that this is one bicycle movie that probably keeps vintage/classic bicycle interest going. Please just hermit yourself in a cave or a cabe, haha.

Building my replica led me to here and now I have a vast appreciation for prewar, TOC and just bicycle history in general.
I know there are haters. But you will be long gone and people will find this tread and appreciate all of it. All the bikes.

Good Info !!!!!

Hey guys not sure why this came back up again. Anyhow, I feel like I helped some of the resurgence in interest in this bike about 10 years ago. I found a thread in a movie replica site called the ther therpf.com. Anyhow I continued doing research and posted all my findings and posted all exact parts for this bike.
As you see in any site there are scumbags out to make a buck. And the they do existing that that site sometimes this one. So that is why you will see some bike labeled as a real movie prop bike.
I used the rpf thread as a build thread and once I was done with my project I left the thread. Currently it keeps going on with others building their bikes. I sold off my spares long ago.

As for the movie bike
I think we went through the exercise and found in the range of 5-10 unique bikes in the movie. If you are well versed in it you can spot the differences, just like fake auto cycles. Further research showed that the pedal pusher claimed to have built 15ish bikes. I believe that they built a couple, a hero bike and a stunt bike. And the rest would have been duplicated by the prop department. I have only seen about 4 legit bikes sold.
I personally saw and sat one that was at an officially movie auction. There also one on permanent display in the Hollywood Movie museum and in the bike museum of America. For the BIke museum one, I believe a member of those board sold the bike on eBay and got about 15k for it. It was incomplete and once I knew about it, I dontated a bunch of missing parts to help complete it.
The 36k one from about 5 years ago was not one of them. I remember how much of the was suspect and moved on.
In the Tarzan scene there is also one with what looked to be a motorbike prewar frame and off springer.

There is one that apparently claims lineage but there is not actual proof tracing it back to a studio lot. Or screen shots proving the paint scuffing matches or anything.
That said I have probably built one most faithfully movie replicas available. And never claim it to be real.
I went so far as to build a Dottie bike for
My wife and was looking to build and Warner Brothers lot chase bike for fun.

There are Builders male infertility replica se that were better than the movie bike. But that is not point.

For those who don't care about this movie or this bike, you should have stopped reading above. Also just ignore me. If you cannot appreciate that this is one bicycle movie that probably keeps vintage/classic bicycle interest going. Please just hermit yourself in a cave or a cabe, haha.

Building my replica led me to here and now I have a vast appreciation for prewar, TOC and just bicycle history in general.
I know there are haters. But you will be long gone and people will find this tread and appreciate all of it. All the bikes.

The Pedal Pusher in Newport Beach, CA made 13-14 bikes for the Warner Bros. movie. My friend Charlie who worked for them during that time said more than one were destroyed.

Back