When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebikes ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think that the front hub motors are fine in the 250 to 350 watt range, not enough power to be much of an issue in turns, loose surface, plus you can use your coaster brake. I like the mid drives as opposed to rear hubs because of the gear range, rear hubs are pretty much limited to single speed. Batteries ARE were the money is. Luna & Hilltopper both offer quality batteries. I think that I've learned more from Karl Gesslein's Ebike blog than anywhere else. He does favor Luna. Shipping the batteries is getting easier. I recently shipped one to Colorado via UPS, it was pretty easy, you just have to declare, pay a little extra & put a warning label on it. As far as swapping batteries from one bike to another, a 250 watt motor uses a 24 volt battery, 350watt, 36 volts, 750 watt, 48 to 60 volt battery. 60 volts kicks the motor up around 1200watts & not sure how it will fare in the long haul. I use 12 volt batteries in series on a couple of bikes.

Batteries ARE were the money is.

That’s one of the nice features on my wife’s Electra Townie, Pedal Assist.
It has a lock on the battery, for keeping the honest people, honest.

out on my road bike stopped at a light. when the light turned green an older lady (yet younger than me) on a fat tire bike took off before me and was going about 14 MPH. I was thinking this lady is pretty fast considering her age and the bike she was on. then I saw the rear hub and knew she was cheating. then I had to think.. do I pass her? what if she picks up the pace? what about the humiliation of being passed by an old lady on a bike with fat tires and a basket up front with plastic flowers on it? I made the decision to go for it and took it up to 18 MPH. lucky for me she stayed at the same pace and did not pass me later. she was probably thinking "that guy is pretty fast for an old guy"

$898

Let me ask this question.
How so until ebikes will have to be registered and taxed as an automobile?

Last edited:
Right now everything under 750 watts is under the radar, and lets face it, if you drive by cop on an ebike or a noisy 2 cycle, who's he gonna look at. I've been watching them for awhile, a lot are overpriced and underpowered. Also with all the components integrated into the frame, as the technology changes, and it will, you could get stuck with something obsolete and costly to repair or upgrade. That kind of steered me to the kits, plus I like making some of these oldies fun. They did it in the repack race. That all being said, I did demo this Bad Boy down in Baja this winter. The torque is insane, pure power out of the hole, I was ready to buy one before I came back to reality. Pre order price 3700.00.

images.jpeg

Back