When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eclipse Year?

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Another one I got today. 24" frame and looks like it says "Eclipse" to me. Handlebars look like they are threaded into stem. I thought they used badges though? Thoughts on year? V/r Shawn

DSC_1311.JPG

DSC_1312.JPG

DSC_1313.JPG

DSC_0488.JPG

DSC_0489.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0499.JPG

DSC_0500.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0505.JPG

the fact decal rather than badge and small chainring , may mean 1894, checked photos of 95 and 96 both had different chainrings and had badges. Anyway enjoy it is so cool.

Any ideas on the maker of the seat? Appears to be nickel plated with an unusual front adjustment. V/r Shawn

So after a little more research the Wheelmen site lists a few mfg for Eclipse bicycles but only one out of Elmira, NY 1895-99. I wonder if the serial # 2 5 176 could be either Model or month (2), year 1895 (5) and sequence number (176)? V/r Shawn

Shawn, Maybe wheelmen library has cataloge, Bill Smith is librarian. I does not look like the Eclipse brake was ever added to frame, not sure when that was invented or added as an accessory?

Shawn, Maybe wheelmen library has cataloge, Bill Smith is librarian. I does not look like the Eclipse brake was ever added to frame, not sure when that was invented or added as an accessory?
Thanks I started the process to renew my Wheelmen account this morning. I hadn't signed in for about four years so I guess I was dropped! TOC isn't really my thing so as soon as I figure out what the stuff is I'm moving it along. V/r Shawn

Shawn: Interesting note President Warren Harding rode a eclipse bicycle. His bicycle on display at his home in Marion,Ohio.

Thanks I started the process to renew my Wheelmen account this morning. I hadn't signed in for about four years so I guess I was dropped! TOC isn't really my thing so as soon as I figure out what the stuff is I'm moving it along. V/r Shawn
I contacted Bill Smith sent photos along to compare any cataloge he might have of Eclipse.

Back