When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

El Torreon Tribal Gathering and Bicycle Swap Meet

-
I will be there. Bringing these if they dont sell at the Knoxville, Iowa swap first.

20210831_141203.jpg

20210903_172615.jpg

20210903_173219.jpg

20210903_174312.jpg

20210703_104034.jpg

20210703_103845.jpg

20210703_103701.jpg

20210702_132209.jpg

@Bike from the Dead Do you remeber that I bought a Campus Green 68 frame with fork at Buddy Pedalfest? I pulled a bunch of stuff from what i took to sell and put this together. $20 for the frame and fork. I traded a blue chainguard for a campus green one and used a few things from the shelves at home. So far I've only spent the $20 for the frame and fork. The tires and wheels are from another project while I lace an RB hub into a rim and look for another blackwall Westwind tire.
IMG_20210922_123212984.jpg

@Bike from the Dead Do you remeber that I bought a Campus Green 68 frame with fork at Buddy Pedalfest? I pulled a bunch of stuff from what i took to sell and put this together. $20 for the frame and fork. I traded a blue chainguard for a campus green one and used a few things from the shelves at home. So far I've only spent the $20 for the frame and fork. The tires and wheels are from another project while I lace an RB hub into a rim and look for another blackwall Westwind tire.View attachment 1483196
Nice! No, I don't think I saw that. I must've just talked to you right after they were handing out awards. It's cool that you were able to build that with just parts you had. Looks good! What's your plan for it? Keep it and ride it around like it is, or sell it?

Like most of the bikes I restore I build them with reselling them in mind. Then I look at them and find it hard to part with them. This is the first bike that I didn’t strip down and repaint. Probably keep it until I decide to unload everything.

Like most of the bikes I restore I build them with reselling them in mind. Then I look at them and find it hard to part with them. This is the first bike that I didn’t strip down and repaint. Probably keep it until I decide to unload everything.
Gotcha. I'm more of the "buy it for myself, but if I don't do anything with it in a year or so, get rid of it" type. I think you did a fine job putting that bike together. That's also a very nice shade of green, too.

I hate to say it, but I won't be going to the El Torreon Swap Meet this year. Given how little I sold/traded at Pleasant Hill, and how short on funds I am right now, now's just not the best time for me to make the long drive up to Kansas City. Maybe next year.

Back