When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric bikes are sweet!

-
Watts an engine...

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is my Electric Stingray. I made the Stik Shifter control the throttle! I got a kit from some site off the internet. Also, I made the battery shelf from an old skateboard. I hate how heavy the batteries are, and in the future, I plan on switching out to lithium power.
15125030648_a27758b1cd_o.jpg

Nice little machine you've got there. Here are two of mine, the first sports a recent upgrade in the 36 volt battery pack w/ a 350 watt motor. The second has a 24V pack in the tank w/ a 250 watt unit. The lithium batteries are getting more and more compact. There is a lot of negativeness out there toward the front hub set ups, I have no problems w/ them & actually like having an all wheel drive machine. They're great in the snow too!

fullsizeoutput_2d3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_351.jpeg

Those are cool! I like the front wheel setup also, because I run a 2 speed duomatic kickback, and I like having a coaster brake.

Here's the "Beast" , in it's current state, almost there. It started out with a distress sale of the motor setup, at Dudley & has grown, to say the least. It's been a learning experience. 48 volts & 750 watts or so.( Legal limit). Replaced the controller, throttle, and most of the wiring,now one of the four 12 volt batteries is defective. Hope to get it rolling, finally, next week. Should be pretty fast, it has a Sturmey Archer 2 spd kickback w/ overdrive.

fullsizeoutput_380.jpeg

Way cool. So the electric bikes that Mike J is showing are powered with a motor on the front hub? The rear is human power? Can you freewheel the front hub when you want to or is there always power to the front?
Thanks

It's throttle controlled, Ed. When the power is off, the hub spins freely w/ no drag, other than the added weight of the motor.

Thanks Mike. Tell me more about the bikes you have pictured. Did you build them? We can private conv if you prefer so as not to hyjack this post. I have a project in mind and would love to learn more about electrics.

Back