When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric trains

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
I'm a collector and love em' all.

Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, Hobbyline, etc... HO, O, S, N or Standard gauges Broken, missing parts, mint or used ok. I like catalogs too.

PM me with your phone number and I'll call you (typing is difficult for me.....Parkinsons.)

Even if we don't make a deal I can usually give you an idea of what your trains are worth.

This may not be up your alley, but maybe you might know the value. I bought this steam locomotive at an auction a long time ago. It's about 28 inches long, it's about 80 lbs. It's missing the boiler. The name on the side SNAFU, I was told that's military code for System's Normal All F#$%ed Up. It does have a whistle, the tank is hallow. I was offered 1500$ for it right after I bought it. If you can't put a value on it I understand. Thanks for your time. These picture's aren't the best it's in the background. There is an online train auction in my area ending 2-7-21 at wheelerauctioneering.hibid.com over 400 lot's. Check it out.

20201125_122749.jpg

20201119_114929.jpg

20201119_114913.jpg

Last edited:
Very unusual........never anything like it and that's the problem becuase you have nothing to go on. Here's my GUESS. Made by home craftsman and not produced by a manufacturer. Could be foreign. I would not be reluctant to sell at $1500 but first do a little research. I would try to elicite further info from the person who offered you $1500. That's a nice chunk of change and people usually do offer that much unless they know something.

There are a couple of forums on line but I like https://www.modeltrainforum.com/ Post there and see if you get any answers.

Also, go to a few train shows and show it around. TCA affiliated local shows are the best however the virus spread by China has cancelled many of them, but being from PA you are in luck if you live anwhere near Kutztown. Baring further restrictions, there is an outside train show at the fairgrounds scheduled for May 15. Usually about 100 sellers and I have already paid for my space so fingers crossed. I also like the Greenburg shows but they too are on haitus for now.

UNdoubtedly the best shows are the twice annual TCA (Train Collectors of Amerca) national events held in York. These are international events with hundreds (maybe even 1000) of venders but you must be a member to attend. Show usually runs for 3 days and I still have to hussle to see it all. Again they are on hold for now but you can find furter info about TCA on their website.

Good Luck.

Rivnut thank's for the correction, my bad I wasn't in the Military. But I still have my draft card.

First, Rivnut Thank You for your long term service to our country. Second what does FUBAR stand for?

Been busy myself trying to restore my grandfather's Lionel from the early to mid 30's.
20210104_132644.jpg

I got the 263e complete assembly wise. Have to take it break it back down to paint the repro frame and steam chest gunmetal gray.

My next project is this 260e. This one is a real mess.. Like the 263e , I got a a repro frame. The motor was just sent out to the Motor Doctor in Ohio.

I've had to rewire most of the accessories. I am not a great fan of soldering. Or I guess better term is I suck at it.

Last edited:
Back