When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric trains

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These 2 Lionel engines and tenders have been collecting dust atop my bookshelves for years. Plucked them from my grandads garage several decades ago - pictures are not great. One engine is #5344 New York Central tender; the other engine is #225E Lionel Lines tender. I have some other cars, engines et al - buried in basement boxes. Saw these run one time back in the early sixties before grandad passed. Any information is appreciated.

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

Both locos are pre war. Can't tell much about condition due to small photos but both are nice pieces.

5344 Looks like you have a good one....do some research.

225e

Keep in mind prices vary widely and often are determined by economic conditions and location, and item condition:running, missing pieces, paint, etc. just like bikes.

Apologies for the poor pictures - Pulled the 225E and tender off the shelf for better pictures. Will do the same for 5344 in another reply. These units are fairly heavy - perhaps it is 2 lbs of dust balls!! Any significance of the tender 2225W??

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

wow
I'm using someone's tablet and having problems.....you have one of the holy grails of model model rr
do some research.....i'd love to have one of them

Your 700E has value, much depends upon the year made, condition ( especially the frame) , etc ( just like bikes!). It might be worth your while to research the Train Collectors Association (TCA) at train collectors.org. Find a member dealer near you, and take it to them or send them pics. If they are TCA members ( they will tell you and offer their number) they will be fair and knowledgeable. ( If one is a TCA member, as I am, you know that if any member calls you out as being "shady" in any way, it gets investigated and, if substantiated, the offender is thrown out...period!). I would not recommend selling that unit to anyone until you did that research.

PS, if you can repost your 700E pics so they can be "zoomed" and viewed in more detail ( especially the 2nd and 4th photos) it would help with year of manufacture identification

Back