When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin bike ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm being redundant here but I'm hoping it might be worth it. I asked for the same info on the balloon bike forum but didn't get any response. Can anyone identify the year of this Elgin?
IMG_20190213_143937010.jpg

IMG_20190213_144232006.jpg

Weird pedals, anyone know what they are?

IMG_20190213_144238174.jpg

Murray may at one time have stamped Sears bikes with an "S".
Murray may have stamped 1939 bikes with a "D".
The replacement fork looks like the 1948-50 Wald Patent 2,532,034.

With the straight downtube I’d say 1939, 1940 and later had curved down tubes I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going with 1939. While perusing the internet for pictures, I came across a picture of a very similar '39 that also had an SD XXXX serial number. Now to figure out which one of the companies built it. Thanks for your input.

I'm going with 1939. While perusing the internet for pictures, I came across a picture of a very similar '39 that also had an SD XXXX serial number. Now to figure out which one of the companies built it. Thanks for your input.
Droupout looks like a Murray build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend here locally said the same about the chain ring. I was suspect because the serial number didn't fall into line with the M-O system on that thread.

Back