When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELGIN Falcon SN and T on Head Tube ????

-

carlitos60

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Please, Professional Expertise on my Falcon:
I was Sanding It and I Noticed:

Serial Number and what seems like a Symbol Under It?

Bu the Big Question is a Letter " T " on the Head Tube?

What Could They Mean?

Any Help Will Be Appreciated!

:confused:

PICT1722.jpg
PICT1730.jpg
PICT1725.jpg
PICT1726.jpg

Focus

It's really hard to read the numbers. Perhaps photos that are in sharp focus would be a big assistance to us.

Then the well-versed should be able to figure that all out for ya.

Mike

Though, an L serial should be a '33 built frame if it's a Westfield bike. But Falcons weren't made in '33 so that logic is flawed. Is it an early Oriole?

Last edited:
Letter "T" on Head Tube?

Though, an L serial should be a '33 built frame if it's a Westfield bike. But Falcons weren't made in '33 so that logic is flawed. Is it an early Oriole?

Thanks,,,,But, What would a Letter "T" Means on Head Tube?:confused:

It's highly doubtful it means anything as far as date or bike id. It probably was a mark to identify that specific head tube from others in the frame department of the factory. You find these seemingly meaningless marks on crank hangers as well. Just a way to keep similar looking parts from getting mixed up.

L #?

It's highly doubtful it means anything as far as date or bike id. It probably was a mark to identify that specific head tube from others in the frame department of the factory. You find these seemingly meaningless marks on crank hangers as well. Just a way to keep similar looking parts from getting mixed up.

Thanks!

Then, Is an L serial # a good number for a Twin Bar????? 1933

What Brand, if Not an Elgin Blackhawk!

:confused:

Post a picture of the whole frame and we can tell you what it could have been.

The Westfield produced, Twinbar framed, Elgin Falcons and Blackhawks were available in 1933.

1933? Pictures

The Westfield produced, Twinbar framed, Elgin Falcons and Blackhawks were available in 1933.

I Pulled the Crank and It has what Looks like a (w) in a Small Circle then, an L Next to It!!!!!

PICT1731.jpg
PICT1732.jpg
PICT1733.jpg
PICT1734.jpg

Now, I feel More Comfortable saying It is a 1933 Westfield Blackhawk.

:confused::cool:

Back