When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

615Wheels

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello,

Any thoughts on the year of this Elgin? I don’t have a serial number. Not sure what is mounted on the fork.
Also does it look to be original?

Any information would be appreciated!
thanks

You did great for $100! The guard is hard to find. Looks like an overpaint from here but get some other opinions. Fork looks straight and you have a nice curved seat tube frame. Not too much missing! March 41 frame.
Thanks! Good to hear. And thank you for month & year info!

@615Wheels , I too would say that you did fantastic for only $100. I also agree that it appears to have been repainted or over painted due to the spoke nipples being red, they are typically nickel plated new from the factory. But whoever did the paint work did a reasonably good job of it going to the trouble of striping it. If seat looks small to you it might be a woman's seat but I'm not sure based on the photos, maybe measure width and length then post the measurements, someone should be able to let you know how your measurements compare to known men's Troxel seats of the same type. Great buy!

Here is some info on your Persons siren. Looks to me like the black bracket on your siren where the chain attaches might be rotated to the wrong position or upside down. The chain attachment should be toward the outside of the siren so it tilts inward toward the tire when chain is pulled but that should be easy to fix.

@615Wheels , I too would say that you did fantastic for only $100. I also agree that it appears to have been repainted or over painted due to the spoke nipples being red, they are typically nickel plated new from the factory. But whoever did the paint work did a reasonably good job of it going to the trouble of striping it. If seat looks small to you it might be a woman's seat but I'm not sure based on the photos, maybe measure width and length then post the measurements, someone should be able to let you know how your measurements compare to known men's Troxel seats of the same type. Great buy!

Here is some info on your Persons siren. Looks to me like the black bracket on your siren where the chain attaches might be rotated to the wrong position or upside down. The chain attachment should be toward the outside of the siren so it tilts inward toward the tire when chain is pulled but that should be easy to fix.

View attachment 1151692

View attachment 1151693
Thanks, Rambler! I was thinking it was a repaint. Pin strips looked a little uneven. But like you said someone spent some time on doing it. I will definitely take some measurements of the seat. And thanks for the advice, info and video of the siren! Really cool. It seems to spin freely. I’ll have to look for a chain.

thanks again

Back