When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin information & value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unique kick stand, with bolts straddling the yoke or ”wye” rear fork is likely correct, and is shown in some catalog pictures, in-addition-to the ears on the rear triangle plates.
Nice long tank and curved seat tube mast; could spend about same gathering separate parts and accessories.
Sometimes these old Elgin bikes have wheels swapped from later JC Higgins models.

Last edited:
Those years started to come with those exact kick stands if the paint was strong and the plating as well it would be a grand like that 600 - 650 reall world price that it might sell -- it is all their though

looks like a 41.

I would not pay 1,000 for it, maybe half that much for the condition it is in, just my opinion. If they took those tires off, I would go 600.

I would like to find a 41 to go with my bride's, however it would need to be in better shape and with non hideous tires.

Last edited:
I had a ladies Elgin, same era with that kickstand. Painted wheels w/pinstripes. There's no chrome left on the handlebars. $1,000 is a lot for it I think.

I agree with "mickeyc", and the Elgin he speaks of above I have owned for a couple of years. I bought it from him. She's a rusty old girl with tons of patina. I paid $275.00 for it to Mike. It's quite the project, but I love it. That men's Elgin is something I think would even have a hard time getting $500.00 out of in my neck of the woods. But, hard work and deep pockets can turn anything into whatever condition you want it to be in. If you like it, get it. Because, life is short. @TheFizzer

I know nothing about the bike but she is firm on the $1,000 which is over priced I feel.

Not to cop out on it but it is all relative.
Up North we don’t see many Elgins. When we do they are madly over priced. I always ask myself — How much do I want it?
I would say it is “worth” close to that up here. I would like to pay $500 for it but would do it for $750 for sure.
In the end — it’s going to be yours. I would not let a couple hundred come between getting an Elgin I really want!

Well....I sold you one in probably better condition for less than that shipped to your door. I love these bikes and probably value them higher than others (paid 1500 for my orange and tan one, but that one is NICE and I'm sure I overpaid). I would say 600-800

Well....I sold you one in probably better condition for less than that shipped to your door. I love these bikes and probably value them higher than others (paid 1500 for my orange and tan one, but that one is NICE and I'm sure I overpaid). I would say 600-800
Yes you did & I love that bike. One of my favorites!

Back