When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Ladies Bicycle Question

-

BRad90

Finally riding a big boys bike
My understanding is that SC on the serial number represents 1938. Is there a way to know if this bicycle is supposed to have the skirt guard on the rear like other Elgins I have seen?

Screenshot_20230110_174029_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230110_174039_Chrome.jpg

murray-serial-chart-jpg.jpg

If the rear fenders have holes for guard to attach, then it had them at one time. Here is a similar Murray built Elgin I gifted my girl with skirt guards installed.

1651708358351-png.png

View attachment 1766161

If the rear fenders have holes for guard to attach, then it had them at one time. Here is a similar Murray built Elgin I gifted my girl with skirt guards installed.

View attachment 1766162
Thanks for the information. Will have to take closer look but zooming in on my photo in my phone it looks like it might not have those mounting holes.

Brandyn

While it's not easy to discern from the provided photo, your bike appears to have the standard chain guard and not the skirt guard-associated chain guard. The bicycle appears to be a non-deluxe girls bike.
Thanks for the clarification. Means I don't need to chase down the skirts.

Back