When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Miss America variations

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fullcircle

Finally riding a big boys bike
So just curious I have heard a few opinions about Elgin Miss America's seems there were two versions with and without the Elgin stamped in the skirts. Was it a early and late version or the fact that they were made by both Murray and Westfield?

Its a good question so I recently got a original with the decal it had both floating hub and cushion goose neck .... so i have built one up restored and sense the BB saddle was still offered as an accessory i used a skylark saddle black grips.... i now since have had a white troxel made and white grips ..... since the safety pedals blocks are black i tend to say I prefer it super deluxe with the skylark saddle ..... ND 2 speed.... cushion goose neck.... floating hub....... ww tires....... chrome rims

which way do you prefer? as a restored bike i dont really want to here the critic about correct they are all 39-41 available parts ..... the color i like orange

Personally, I think I’m leaning towards the Skylark saddle and black grips.
I think the white seat detracts from the beauty and flow of the frame, with the black option the colors and frame design take focus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be helpful for those that have these to look and see whether they have decal or embossed and whether it is Westfield or Murray built. This may help answering the original question. If you have other questions about these or your particular bike you should probably start another thread. V/r Shawn

This 39 came with no stamp or head shroud , but it did come with a train light design for the pinch fenders ? I'm would like find some more info also .
View attachment 1155226
Ya, think you need to start your thread but I think your bike lost it's tank & shroud over the years and looks like a Colson rack! back to original question Westfield vs. Murry, never thought about it just figured all mine have been Murry's but knowing alot of other Elgins were bi-produced who knows, only thing I've thought I knew were the year difference in front suspension, cushion stem 40, floating hub 41. never seen them together.

Back