When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Miss America variations

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think ....... ....... no one really knows so the 39-40 f/w catalog or xmas flyer shows the cushion neck most of those had decal on guards and suspect those might havve been Westfield builds..... suspecting the 40-41 had the floating hub and were embossed skirt guards and Murrey build ...... then there might be the case that the embossed was first with cushion neck and they had left overs and just used up the run on the 40-41 with floating hub ...... then there is the case like the mussleman 2 speed in the catalog where you could order the bike with it for the extra cost so there might be bikes out there that have both ..... more than likely though they been put together like changing clothes on the barbie doll by us collectors ...... like me i switch the stuff on this bike quite frequantly because all my bikes are fake restored and most the parts are made in my garage just to rattle everyone ...... but truthfully I think it applied to use what was there the day the bike was ordered or built for display ...... on this case the bike was never sold at a bike shop so more than likely they were upgrades and dressings by owners and then collectors i just dont see some guy in a shop coat building a bike at a department store. This bike the major portion sold was more than likely ordered ..... and each addition still having the last edition parts available as well. Anyway I think its one of the sexist five top girls bikes ever made

1. Elgin Skylark
2. shelby airflow
3. Ms america
4. Hawthorne zep/ladies RMS
5. 37 Colson Vogue

I like the 39-41 girls mercury and the 40-41 colson cushioner and Firestone bullnose. Some would include the girls monark wingbar

Last edited:
5. 37 Colson Vogue much rarer (with the battery pak) than the above
I like the MS America best...

Original decal on the guard

Back