When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Motorbike....pics

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

richtrix

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Guys.....I just bought this bike off ebay and would appreciate any information / thoughts from the knowledgeable folks here. I haven't received the bike yet so all I've got is the pics.

Pre war Motorbikes are new to me, Ive wanted a nice original for a while and with a little light cleaning I think this one will fit the bill.

The wheels are not wood but I can't tell if they are clinchers. I'm hoping I can find some tires.

any info appreciated.

elginnnnn.jpg
elginn.jpg

I saw that bike in real life, it is a beautiful original. I'm glad you saved it from being parted out!
Solid repro tires will probably be your best bet for something to fit those wheels, ebay or memory lane I think...

congrats on your purchase. I saw that on ebay too. And then I saw it in my dreams..which was where it had to stay!

Hope you find your tires. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks for the information and compliments guys.
I had just sold my 49 Phantom so I figured while I had the (bike money) I had better jump on it. I know he had listed it a few times before, starting out at about a grand. I gave $700 shipped. I was looking for an original with the exact survivor look so I'm happy to get it.

TALEWINDS, I bet you are right, for some reason the owner wasn't sure about the wheels

Beautiful bike! Your rear rack is very likely a Wald aftermarket rack,its very similar to mine, they first appeared in catalogues in the early 30s, so it is period correct.

Beautiful bike! Your rear rack is very likely a Wald aftermarket rack,its very similar to mine, they first appeared in catalogues in the early 30s, so it is period correct.

Glad to here that....Thanks for the info.....

Back