When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Oriole For Trade (looking For Highwheeler)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Well, this is going to be the definition of a longshot... but you never know. So please don't be harsh. I'm not stupid, just hopeful. I am in need of a highwheeler with a 48"-50" wheel. My current ride is a 52". I can ride it fine but I think it is just slightly large. I intend to start riding longer distances. I'm currently only going less than 15 mile rides because of the angle my seat has to be at to keep it low enough, and the fact that my legs are almost fully extended on the downstroke. I'd like a replica with at least a tapered backbone and some older-style parts on it. The more faithful the replica, the better, obviously. I don't need a RBR special or some cheap department store phony, unless it happens to be really nice or has been modified to look more like an original. Homemade is fine too, if it's done right. I'd be willing to pony up some cash on top to find a real ordinary, but I ain't rich so it would have to be at least a partial trade situation. I'm aware of the general values of legitimate ordinaries, not model-specific values, but I know they are costly. I'm at least in the market for one. But for now I need to start getting some real distance in. The major caveat is that we would need to be located close enough to make meeting up to trade a sensible possiblility, even if it is a drive. The Elgin could be shipped, but I bet a highwheeler is more difficult. Unless a feasible shipping option comes to light.
I'm not expecting a miracle, but there may be a chance someone has something around they can't or don't ride. Maybe they need an Elgin Oriole. Meanwhile, I would ride a highwheeler more than I plan to ride this Elgin. Anyways, here the Elgin is.
IMG_0405_zpsyrhkvktj.jpg

IMG_0404_zpspata5xoc.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back