When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin peaked fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nick1985

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi guys,

I recently purchased these fenders for my Elgin and I was wanting some advice.

They were originally a dark navy blue but at some point they were covered in house paint. I was wondering if I should try and remove whats left of the house paint or leave it incase I take off any more of the original paint? They are also rusty/flakey on the underside so I was wanting to know whats best to remove the rust...do you think these warrant an OE Bath?

Finally, how can I make whats left of the original blue more vibrant?

thank you in advance

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

s-l1600 (2).jpg

IMG_0754.JPG

Very nice Elgin!

I don't want to be a downer but those aren't the right fenders for your bike.

Otherwise I would carefully spray goof off on the yellow and work it in with a tooth brush. Do small areas and hose it off before it bites into the original paint.

My $0.02 worth

Very nice Elgin!

I don't want to be a downer but those aren't the right fenders for your bike.

Otherwise I would carefully spray goof off on the yellow and work it in with a tooth brush. Do small areas and hose it off before it bites into the original paint.

My $0.02 worth

haha oh really? I thought they were the correct ones because I have the two holes on top of the front fork where the fender screws into? I'm new to this bike thing if you cant tell =)

If your fork is threaded to match the fenders then it is I who is wrong! I'm used to it tho...

There should be a sleeve that goes on top of the fork crowns that slides over the fork tube, then the front fender goes over that. It looks like it’s missing, I don’t know if that will make a difference on mounting it, but it might. Just my observation.

There should be a sleeve that goes on top of the fork crowns that slides over the fork tube, then the front fender goes over that. It looks like it’s missing, I don’t know if that will make a difference on mounting it, but it might. Just my observation.

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have any photos of the sleeve your talking about?

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have any photos of the sleeve your talking about?
I wish I did, it’s on my Elgin, and you can’t see it under the front fender. Maybe another member on here has one laying around that they could post a picture of. Chris

Back