When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Rat.

-

Aluyasha

Look Ma, No Hands!
About a week or so ago I got a bike off of a guy who posted it on CL. He said it was a Schwinn based soley on the handlegrips. I offered him $75 for it, at first he wanted to get more money for it but after a day called me back and let me take it. :)
It was missing it's seat, was hand painted with stick on pinstriping. Obvisously not original handlegrips. But was a skiptooth and looked Elgin, so I brought it home.
Got a Troxel seat for it, put on a headlamp and rear reflector, stripped off the paint and let it be bare metal, gave it a rack, new treads, handbars/handlegrips, and cleaned the bearings and all that.

Here is a before picture of when I brought it home:
DSCF5274-1.jpg

Here it is today:
DSCF5290-1.jpg

DSCF5294.gif

DSCF5295.gif

DSCF5296.gif

DSCF5298.gif

Next on my list to add to it is a headbadge, older pedals, and a hopefully a tank. :)
Many thanks to Jeff (rustyspoke66) for helping me find the parts to make this bike.

Just finished the homemade wooden tank for the Elgin. It is a little scraggly looking but I used a 20 year old saw and this is my first time making one so I still think it came out pretty good. lol
I also ordered a headbadge so hopefully that will get to me soon and I can put it on. :)
Here it is:
DSCF5301-1.jpg

DSCF5303.gif

Back