When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Rat.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aluyasha

Look Ma, No Hands!
About a week or so ago I got a bike off of a guy who posted it on CL. He said it was a Schwinn based soley on the handlegrips. I offered him $75 for it, at first he wanted to get more money for it but after a day called me back and let me take it. :)
It was missing it's seat, was hand painted with stick on pinstriping. Obvisously not original handlegrips. But was a skiptooth and looked Elgin, so I brought it home.
Got a Troxel seat for it, put on a headlamp and rear reflector, stripped off the paint and let it be bare metal, gave it a rack, new treads, handbars/handlegrips, and cleaned the bearings and all that.

Here is a before picture of when I brought it home:
DSCF5274-1.jpg

Here it is today:
DSCF5290-1.jpg

DSCF5294.gif

DSCF5295.gif

DSCF5296.gif

DSCF5298.gif

Next on my list to add to it is a headbadge, older pedals, and a hopefully a tank. :)
Many thanks to Jeff (rustyspoke66) for helping me find the parts to make this bike.

Just finished the homemade wooden tank for the Elgin. It is a little scraggly looking but I used a 20 year old saw and this is my first time making one so I still think it came out pretty good. lol
I also ordered a headbadge so hopefully that will get to me soon and I can put it on. :)
Here it is:
DSCF5301-1.jpg

DSCF5303.gif

Back