When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Robin 2 speed Des Moines Craigslist $10k

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Really cool looking Elgin, but I sure as heck don't see 10 grand rolling down the street here.. I just picked up a 36 Elgin bent seat post bike for $500.00, so I have to pass on this...
A similar bike sold a year or so ago for about that money. A plain Jane bent post and a full boogie Robin are two completely different things. I’d be real surprised if that Fleetwood wasn’t gone last night

It's ridiculous to repost someone's ad.
It didn’t have a phone number or address in it what’s the problem reposting someone else’s ad? Honest question not trying to be rude.

I just posted it when I saw it as I thought it might be a scam and as someone who has recently been scammed I would not like it to happen to anyone else so I was just trying to help it was first thing in the morning for me when I woke up so I wasn’t thinking clearly yet or else I would have seen where it said clearly in the ad the bikes not mine also I would like to ad that I have spoke with him and he seems like a great guy just trying to help the bike community out

It didn’t have a phone number or address in it what’s the problem reposting someone else’s ad? Honest question not trying to be rude.

I just posted it when I saw it as I thought it might be a scam and as someone who has recently been scammed I would not like it to happen to anyone else so I was just trying to help it was first thing in the morning for me when I woke up so I wasn’t thinking clearly yet or else I would have seen where it said clearly in the ad the bikes not mine also I would like to ad that I have spoke with him and he seems like a great guy just trying to help the bike community out
I was referring to Mick Mac or whatever the hell his name was reposting the actual ad on CL. Your post is fine and thanks for the info!

Though I have different names on different sites, I am completely findable and amicable if someone needs to find me.
I am disabled and like bikes they keep me moving.
I will facilitate the sale and shipping if a buyer wants.
Those who haven't read back too far, I am also Schwinny here on the cabe.
I work / volunteer at the Des Moines Bike Collective and sell stuff for them online. This is not associated with that. I just saw this original post here on the cabe ( not mine) and since it was close, went to look and posted pics.
Nothing more than a public service announcement.
If there is something you don't like, don't look.
Keep it to yourself.
Like your mother taught you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So 2 user names on the Cabe and reposting someone's CL ad. I'm confused. Sorry for the mix up and I apologize.
I didn't repost his ad. I posted pics of a bike I saw and mentioned it was for sale.
Turned out to be a bit of a hornets nest.
His ad was posted here from the Des Moines Cl.
I saw this post and went there to look.
I'll know better next time
:)

Back