When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Elgin Robin Tank Straps

-

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi team CABE,

I need a set of Elgin Robin Tank Straps.

The bike is non original, so a set of reproduction ones are fine. I'm just keen to get the tank mounted properly!.

Can anyone help me out with obtaining a pair or making a similar set.

Drop me a line if you can help out.

Many thanks

MrA

Chris you champ.

I will give those I try, I'd never even thought to just search for some "generic" pre-war tank brackets.

Many thanks

MrA

Actually those may not work--too short because of the way the Robin tank is made. Before I deployed I was going to suggest these but when I tried one on my Robin they were too short. Kinda hard to describe but look at how far down the holes are on a Robin tank compred to a flat topped tank. I'd ask before I bought them. V/r Shawn

Good call Shawn,

What you’re saying makes perfect sense. These would be for the “flatter”/ square profiled tanks.

Anyone got a photo of just the Robin tank strap? It’d be great to see a cross section photo, it’d show up the required shape perfectly.

Cheers

MrA

Thanks Balloonatic!

@JAF/CO was my first point of call. But he does not seem to have any available at the moment!?!

Anyone got a set, I really want to get this tank attached!

Cheers!

Back