When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Silver Eagle Info

-

oddball

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have any information on the Elgin Silver Eagle,all I can find is this 1932 Sears add.I got to get mine on the road.
Elgin Silver Eagle.jpg

Very cool bike, thanks for posting the ad I recently got this light/can unit and wonder why the can had a small hole on the bottom/back. I thought it was a small rust hole but I see its for the wire going to the tail light as shown on this ad.

EA7A49A0-FF7E-4554-867F-7E08B310A3A4-418-00000106D7A27555.gif

Good luck on your search

Ivo, can you bring anything to the table?

Sears offered bikes in flyers and seasonal sale catalogs, these bikes had somewhat a unique package of accessories different from the bikes in the annual catalog. Although the accessories were available in the master catalog to create the " silver eagle"
or most any combo of goodies you could want.
I have this bike that I can not find literature on, likely it was one of those flyer ad combos.

Hells bells, for 3 extra dollars you can get allstate clinchers instead of cement ons. I think I'll spring for the extra 3 dollars :)

Back