When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Twin 20 / Wrong Parts

-

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
May have an opportunity to purchase this bike but appears to me it’s missing quite a bit. I’m no expert on these models by far but what appears to be incorrect is; fenders, chain ring, bars. It’s also missing head tube shroud,..Etc.....
Not exactly sure what it’s worth with these issues but I do know that it would add up considerably to make it correct.
Hoping to get some input from some others with more knowledge on these as to what else is wrong and it’s worth. This is only pic I have for now.
4A5AE6BB-842B-4F52-AC24-F07B2DA47DED.png

Looks like the fork has the extra crown piece on top for mounting the proper over the fork fenders. Also hard to see in pic but looks like it has Twin Kickstand. You need to see if it has 2 mounting holes. This adds to value.

What does he want? bare frames seem to bring $300? tires look like possibly HD Whizzer type tires (if good)

What does he want? bare frames seem to bring $300? tires look like possibly HD Whizzer type tires (if good)
Asking price is $500
With no disrespect to current owner I don’t believe he knows that the bike is put together with a bunch of miscellaneous parts.
It was part of an estate sale.

Back