When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin twin bar count

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Delta Fender Light....you say you have one?

Ultra Cool Bike Mike,
If your looking to identify what is correct, may I suggest...since the bike has been repainted, look to find the Serial # and confirm the production date to 1939. Notice the headlight in the ad, is that the same on your bike? Torrington 8's would be the correct pedals. Can't tell exactly, your bike looks to be a Murray made like the ad sample.

Attatched for reference: Pre-teardown pics of a bike I've been researching and working on. 1939 Westfield Made, original finish, I'm still gathering the missing correct parts for my bike and came up with an extra Delta fender light I would sell if your interested.

Does anyone have a nice set of original grips to sell ????

Hi there, I sent you a pm two days ago and just checking to see if you are on the site tonight. I may be interested in the delta light....is it just like the one in the attachment I'm including? Price?
Also, what should I expect to pay for a pair of Torrington 8's in moderate condition? I've not seen them, are they crazy $? What's the difference between them and Torrington 10's?
thanks, hope to hear from you,
Mike Siddons [email protected]
attachment-4 copy.jpg

Need pics reference for builds I'm doing.

Hi All.... working on my Twin Bars and would love a few pics (or input) on a few things I'm working on.

First is a pic of the battery and horn holder in the rear rack of a Twin 40 and just exactly how both mount inside the pod at the back. I think mine is complete but would be nice to see how it goes together.

Second is the point where the full, gothic chain guard edges by the rear fender (where the fender is moulded to allow the chain to run by). It seems like the chain guard should tuck into the fender curve but mine doesn't seem to want to slide into place and there only so much I can move it around. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers...... Wayne

Second is the point where the full, gothic chain guard edges by the rear fender (where the fender is moulded to allow the chain to run by). It seems like the chain guard should tuck into the fender curve but mine doesn't seem to want to slide into place and there only so much I can move it around. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers...... Wayne

Is this the angle your looking for?

That's it!

Yeah that's it.... right where the guard meets the fender...... The guard seems to tuck in there nicely.Iis your fender cut out or does it fit nicely with the shape the fender is moulded to allow chain to pass?

fender and chain guard

Yeah that's it.... right where the guard meets the fender...... The guard seems to tuck in there nicely.Iis your fender cut out or does it fit nicely with the shape the fender is moulded to allow chain to pass?

My bike is fully torn down at the moment, but as I remember everything was very tight and fit together nicely without any gaps or force. You can see in the fender pic where the chain rubbed it a little over time.

Was your bike originally equiped with a gothic guard? There are non twinbar gothic guards also, I think the difference is in the guards is how they mount to the downtube, i'm not 100% on that

Last edited:
Throw my name in the hat

I guess now I can list here now too.
Nothing fancy, bought it from a estate liquidator, looks to be restored, nice and clean..

Attachments

• 1936 elgin (2).jpg
    1936 elgin (2).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 243
  • $(KGrHqNHJDcE7y)0n,jWBPC5e,MJv!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJDcE7y)0n,jWBPC5e,MJv!~~60_3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 261
  • $(KGrHqNHJDkE7zIDke(NBPC5d6gkH!~~60_3 - Copy.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJDkE7zIDke(NBPC5d6gkH!~~60_3 - Copy.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 267
  • elgin3.jpg
    elgin3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 259
Thanks for the pics..... now anyone have one of the inside of the battery pod and how the battery and horn go in there?

Wayner

Murray or Westfield

Thanks for the pics..... now anyone have one of the inside of the battery pod and how the battery and horn go in there?

Wayner

Wayner,
I can't help with the pod. Another thing about the fender/guard there may be differences in the set up between the two different manufacturers. The pics I posted are a Westfield bike,
Later

Yes by researching pics online I see that sometimes the Gothic fender rested inside the curve of the frame and that on some models it bolts past the curve and nearer the drop outs. My chain guard definitely needs to go inside the arc, it is not long enough to reach further.

As mentioned, I think the pod I have is complete but I am not sure how the battery and horn mount. I could jimmy it together but trying to do it right. I know it's a hassle but any input us appreciated.

Wayne

Back