When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin twin bar count

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
twin formation

Does anyone know if the 4 star/Twin 40 ever came with, or had the option of having,f the gothic chain guard on it or has it always been the simpler "hockey stick" chain guard as seen on every Twin 40 in this thread?

Would it be "wrong" to put the gothic guard on the Twin 40? I have one and wondering what is most "correct"

thanks.... Wayne

Did you see this thread? Great info, I'm unaware of the 40 having a gothic guard option.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?19808-Twin-Formation/page2

Twin 40 guard

The twin 40 would have a chrome plated hockey stick chain guard. A gothic guard like the Twinbar tank could be added over the counter as a substitution or option after the purchase of the bike. These typically where chrome plated as well. This brown Twin 40 is about as original preserved as you will find bought from the original owner in her 90's.

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 399
Can somebody perhaps post some close up photos of the joints for both the headtube and bottom bracket areas? I have a frame like #1 or #2 below. The headtube has had work in the past, but I'm not sure how the BB should look. Some welds look pretty sloppy. I could use some pics to help me figure out where my bike has been repaired. Thanks.

6335275978_d778aa2b18_b.jpg

6334520985_105cddace5_b.jpg

I'd like to add my thanks to those who have contributed to the thread. this has worked to solidify the Twin as my dream bike. :cool:
thanks for helping me spend (MORE) money! :eek: I am on the hunt. any leads appreciated.

Last edited:
This twinbar, which is made up of leftover parts to my build last year, is going to be built up as a ratrod bike. These bikes just have style. I'll post more pictures later

6328010684_9bd6bdd8be_z-1.jpg

Elgin twinbar by then8j, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh & here is another one that needs a new home

Here is Bernard of Cyclone Coasters other Elgin Twinbar that he wants to let loose for $750.- plus shipping -- RIDE VINTAGE -- Frank

ELGINtwinbar.jpg

The twin 40 would have a chrome plated hockey stick chain guard. A gothic guard like the Twinbar tank could be added over the counter as a substitution or option after the purchase of the bike. These typically where chrome plated as well. This brown Twin 40 is about as original preserved as you will find bought from the original owner in her 90's.

While I'm sure there are many ahead of me in line, please keep me in mind as well if you ever decide to part with this brown beauty. Thanks.

Back