When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin twin bar ID help please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZAKS62

On Training Wheels
Gentlemen, im new to the CABE and also fairly new to balloon tire bikes. I stumbled upon an Elgin Twin at an estate auction this week, its in pieces, someone had started restoring it, but they aren't around to ask... trying to determine which model, 20, 30, etc, and narrow down correct year and options to properly put it back together. There was no seat, no handlebars, no fenders. Don't know if they should be painted or chrome, if it actually would have had a fender mounted light, luggage rack, and chaingaurd or not, seems to be some debate on that. Basically any info is appreciated. I included a few pics of what I got. Thanks for the help.
20190817_095940.jpg

20190817_095952.jpg

20190817_123859.jpg

I read this thread, thanks for the link, some interesting stuff, very appreciated. Still very cloudy though, and that may just be the way it is,idk. I am guessing the MOS under the serial number on my bike implies a Murray built bike? I was able to find the correct wheels for the bike at the sale. Matching rims with the finned "air cooled" hubs. Bike also came with a Stewart Warner floating hub, just one, for front? I have noticed differences in the front shrouds for the 20-30 models, mine has a big V design on front with elgin letters, have seen some with ribbed sides, is that a maker difference or year?

The Stewart Warner floating hub is for the front only. The floating action is supposed to act as suspension.

I reposted these questions on that other tread and hopefully will get some more info, thanks for everything so far

Back