When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

elgin twin bar

-

militarymonark

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
so I have a friend that picked up an elgin twin bar for FREE!! anyway he was wondering if it was worth much. LOL so being the good friend I was honest and told him its a pretty collectible bike and there is a demand but im not sure on the price. So if anyone here could give me a general idea sorry no pic but I can fully describe. The bike as far as the paint well isn't all that great and I think its been painted over but otherwise in good shape. The fenders I dont think are original judging from other pictures. Some chrome is ok but he's owns a chrome shop so not a big deal. no rear rack the seat is something you'd find on a pre war motorbike or likewise and its not in bad shape the leather on the seat is torn around the rim of the seat and faded but the padding is good. The rims aren't correct and are mismatching. The shrouds are there on the steer tube and the around the crank. So given that much info whats the best price something like that would be worth? thanks

price is very variable depending on the year and model twin 20's are affordable but twin 60's are kinda pricey. see if you can determine what it is.
Scott:cool:

here is a twin 60 that just sold on ebay 120147127755

this one might be a twin 40 though you might ask someone who knows more about them 120148553299

and I believe this is a twin 20 on ebay though I doubt he'll get that much for it. 230158636688

maybe someone can verify the models for you. the 60 is hard to miss though with the tank and speedo etc. there is a book which covers Elgin, Hawthorne, and J.C.Higgins. your friend should get it so he can figure out for sure what year and model, also which parts are right and which are wrong.

Scott:cool:

well I def know now its a twin 20 with no rack incorrect rims and possibly fenders but I might have to take another look at those. Thanks for the info. seems to me that tops 200 bucks for what he has in the condition that its in. what do you think? I'll try to get a picture at some point.

vbulletin

As fas as I know those are all orignal parts but the paint is wrong. Since that pic I have added some teardrop pedals, a better sprocket, correct seat and a rack that i think is a schwinn.

Back