Elgin Twin

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Big Moe

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sep 4, 2014
Temple TX
I just scored an Elgin Twin. I'm going to make it rideable while I gather parts for it. I am BEYOND excited. It's one of my major bucket list bicycles. Here's what I'm starting with. Will post more pictures when I can. Enjoy. I most certainly am going too. Big Moe

$_12 (1).jpeg

Sped Man

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 5, 2012
Planet Gallifrey
Get ready to empty out all of your pockets. Original parts are expensive depending on how far you plan on going. Are you going with or without a tank? Which shroud are you going to buy? Choices, choices, choices.... Happy hunting!

Reactions: bricycle

49autocycledeluxe

I live for the CABE
May 29, 2017
fremont california
how do those bikes ride? seems like half your energy would be spent flexing the frame rather than moving the bike forward.

49autocycledeluxe

I live for the CABE
May 29, 2017
fremont california
maybe on these heavy bikes the frame is not as important. I have a lugged, double butted chromoly frame on one road bike and a Reynolds 853 frame on another and you can really feel the difference.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Big Moe

Sep 4, 2014
Temple TX
The serial number starts with sd. Can anyone tell me what year it is. Would be grateful. Thanks Big Moe

volksboy57

Feb 10, 2012
Novato, Ca
These bikes are fun! They are much larger than I had thought just from looking at photos. Rides like a tandem or something, very long bikes.

Reactions: DonChristie

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
Jan 24, 2019
Longmont Colorado
Don't know the year but i get it being a bucket list bicycle. Super cool design elements. Abstract and outside of the box thinking. If i was trying to gather parts for that particular bike I'm sure I would have a hard time sourcing them locally. But hey that's one reason why the cabe is so awesome.

Big Moe

Sep 4, 2014
Temple TX
Just received the frameset with seatpost assembly. Looks in very good condition. It's got the reinforced bottom bracket. And the complete headset too. YAY YAY YAY.

Reactions: Balloonoob

Scribble

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 16, 2016
Boise i.d.
Update on the Twin. Possibly found a good condition front fender. What do y'all think. It's off a miss America. Looks correct to me.

s-l400 (50).jpg

s-l400 (51).jpg

s-l400 (52).jpg
How much he want for it? You can get matching sets for around $80-$100

This ad goes away when you register for an account!