Elgin Twinn Bar

This ad disappears when logged in

markivpedalpusher

Staff member
Nov 10, 2007
Mission Viejo, CA, United States
I'm looking for any information/history on the Elgin Twinn Bar. Pictures, years of production, models and market price ranges. I'd like to buy one but need a little more background. Thanks

Flat Tire

I live for the CABE
Feb 24, 2007
Blanchester, ohio United States
I bought this Elgin at this years spring MLC meet.....I had a twin 20 a few years back and always regreted selling it.....they had twin 20 thru 60..the higher the number the more deluxe the bike was....but when I see ones like mine they're called 'twin bar 4 star'. I'm no expert on these I just like em!

I was also told the chainguard on this one is correct and hard to find? It has a nice older repaint and I added the repop pedals.....I dont know if I'll repaint it or not........my neighbor said with the black and white paint it looks like a cop bike.... so I may add a siren........hahaha

HPIM3684.gif

HPIM3685-1.jpg

HPIM3686.gif

markivpedalpusher

Staff member
Nov 10, 2007
Mission Viejo, CA, United States
Nice bike Flat Tire. I've been doing some research and you're bike has some nice deluxe parts including the rack battery pod and twin delta lights with bracket. Again very nice, thanks for posting:D

C

Chestnut Hollow

Hi there,

We have loads of Elgin Twinbar info. To the best of our knowledge, the chainguard on your bike is NOT correct. A proper Twinbar chainguard is fairly easy to locate though and that is the least of your worries. You have a very nice bike and it has some very valuable parts on it. With exception to the chainguard, pedals, and tires....most everything is proper.
Most 4-Star Twinbars were equipped with Torrington #8 pedals and Allstate white/wall tires. Most also had rear drop-stand but a few were available with the side kick-stand. All together a Very Nice and Very valuable streamline bike. Please feel free to call us anytime day or night......810-798-3158

Best, Jerry Peters (Chestnut Hollow Classic Bikes)

F

fourstarbikes

i can hook you up with

a guy in ohio who is selling one its missing the schrouds for about 400 and also mlc is selling the tear drop peds like above now

rustyspoke66

Staff member
Feb 2, 2010
Spokane, WA
I was just surfing through the old postings and noticed a Elgin 4 star deluxe thread and just wanted to put my three cents worth in. I purchaced this 4 star deluxe about two years ago it is completly original right down to the chain gaurd. So the guys from Memory Lane might not have it quite right on this one. I think the other chain guard is better looking this shows that the 4 star deluxe did come with the ugly chain guard.
belgin011-1.jpg

belgin012-1.jpg

Sean

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 31, 2006
SF Bay Area
Does anyone know if the torrington Jeweled pedals would be correct on a twinn?

Also, My forks are maroon and have pinstripes- did twinns ever have pinstriping?

Talewinds

I live for the CABE
Sep 13, 2010
Newton, WI, United States
...My forks are maroon and have pinstripes- did twinns ever have pinstriping?
Yes, plenty of pinstripes. Although many seemingly original Twins appear to have no stripes, or minimal stripes, I've seen plenty of untouched examples with stripes, although mostly on the fenders, pods, rims, and rack.
Here's a photo, as OG as it gets, check out the stripes on the fork.

4423880615_646da8d0a8_o-1.jpg

z-bikes

Jun 21, 2010
Green Bay, WI
That sure looks like the bike I traded away along with 6 other twin bars for a restored Twinn 60. Any idea of it's history?

z-bikes

Jun 21, 2010
Green Bay, WI
I disagree about the chainguard being wrong. I had an original unrestored 4 Star Deluxe with that guard.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$3.95
eBay Auction Picture
$10.00
eBay Auction Picture
$6.95
eBay Auction Picture
$20.00
eBay Auction Picture
$450.00
eBay Auction Picture