When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Twinn Bar

-

markivpedalpusher

Riding a '41 Autocycle Super Deluxe
I'm looking for any information/history on the Elgin Twinn Bar. Pictures, years of production, models and market price ranges. I'd like to buy one but need a little more background. Thanks

I bought this Elgin at this years spring MLC meet.....I had a twin 20 a few years back and always regreted selling it.....they had twin 20 thru 60..the higher the number the more deluxe the bike was....but when I see ones like mine they're called 'twin bar 4 star'. I'm no expert on these I just like em!

I was also told the chainguard on this one is correct and hard to find? It has a nice older repaint and I added the repop pedals.....I dont know if I'll repaint it or not........my neighbor said with the black and white paint it looks like a cop bike.... so I may add a siren........hahaha

HPIM3684.gif

HPIM3685-1.jpg

HPIM3686.gif

Nice bike Flat Tire. I've been doing some research and you're bike has some nice deluxe parts including the rack battery pod and twin delta lights with bracket. Again very nice, thanks for posting:D

Hi there,

We have loads of Elgin Twinbar info. To the best of our knowledge, the chainguard on your bike is NOT correct. A proper Twinbar chainguard is fairly easy to locate though and that is the least of your worries. You have a very nice bike and it has some very valuable parts on it. With exception to the chainguard, pedals, and tires....most everything is proper.
Most 4-Star Twinbars were equipped with Torrington #8 pedals and Allstate white/wall tires. Most also had rear drop-stand but a few were available with the side kick-stand. All together a Very Nice and Very valuable streamline bike. Please feel free to call us anytime day or night......810-798-3158

Best, Jerry Peters (Chestnut Hollow Classic Bikes)

Here's my Twin 30. Aluminum fenders, chrome guard. Still need to do some finsihing touches and some accessories. Maybe a 2 speed Musselman "suicide" shifter.

ElginTwin30-1.jpg

i can hook you up with

a guy in ohio who is selling one its missing the schrouds for about 400 and also mlc is selling the tear drop peds like above now

I was just surfing through the old postings and noticed a Elgin 4 star deluxe thread and just wanted to put my three cents worth in. I purchaced this 4 star deluxe about two years ago it is completly original right down to the chain gaurd. So the guys from Memory Lane might not have it quite right on this one. I think the other chain guard is better looking this shows that the 4 star deluxe did come with the ugly chain guard.
belgin011-1.jpg

belgin012-1.jpg

Back