When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ellison Mountain BIke?

-

gkeep

I live for the CABE
Hi Cabers,

This bike seems to have turned up at work over the weekend. Anyone know any information about the maker? On the web I find a couple references to Ellison bikes made in the early 90s in Houston Texas. Any info would be much appreciated. It looks like a very sturdy rider. I like the Mongo reference, "Mongo like sheriff Bart".

20180212_140022_001_resized-1.jpg
20180212_140052_resized.jpg
20180212_140031_001_resized-1.jpg
20180212_140043_resized.jpg
20180212_140106_resized.jpg

Very cool bike I've only seen the high chain style frame on a Gary Fisher from about the same year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link!
Well that figures. He's about 2 years older than me and went to De Anza College about 4 blocks from the house I grew up in. Small world...

I wonder how many of these bikes are floating around still?

Thanks for that link!
Well that figures. He's about 2 years older than me and went to De Anza College about 4 blocks from the house I grew up in. Small world...

I wonder how many of these bikes are floating around still?

It is a very small world!

I have not come across many in all my days of collecting MTBs and I've only seen a handful online from other collectors. They're rare but not super desirable like some other small boutique brands.

That looks like the frames made by Ventana Mtn Bikes for Ellison. I'm pretty sure he designed the frames and jobed them out to builders.

Back