When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emblem Manufacturing Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
While searching for information about Emblem Manufacturing found an article put out by Sturgeon Point Marina, Derby, New York, the following statement is found on their website: http://nyfalls.com/lakes/erie/sturgeon-point-marina/

History
The marina is built on the estate of George N. Pierce and family, who ran the successful bicycle business: Emblem Bicycle, in nearby Angola in the late 1800s. They built a resort-style Adirondack-style summer home at the point in 1894. Years later, the family sold the house and it operated as is a private inn and tavern called the Sturgeon Point Lodge. It passed through several owners and eventually was bought by the town and used for storage. It burned down in 1982.

Did they get the history wrong as Mr Schack Company's President of Emblem, then later when Pierce went bankrupt, was bought out and Mr Schack became Pierce Company's President in 1918?

E3683C0D-F29E-4EBA-834A-D5ABA573EC42.jpeg

2B2FE0A5-8505-42DA-B602-804EF7792A87.png

DCB3B149-7CBD-4F74-970F-7ED79EFA89AA.png

Does anyone have Emblem advertising scans from the late 1920's early 1930's? Looking for info on their later Heavy Service Model like the bike on right.

Walthour Hood Atl GA Emblem.jpg

I have an Emblem heavy service Moto cycle I am refurbishing and have found very little information printed regarding them (@Krakatoa ) As some have noted, it is surprising you do not see more examples of the Emblem cycles from the teens through the 30's. These motorbike-style & framed cycles are all a bit different frame to frame and fork to fork...It seems Emblem was sourcing many fitments, or parts from different places and/or suppliers. When Emblem purchased Pierce Cycles in 1912-15 and continued badging bikes "Pierce" (Angola) after that time, there seems to be a lot of frame and fork differences as well as the parts packages. that Emblem produced. There are some inconsistent things about the frames after Emblem purchased the Pierce factory equipment and inventory of tubes and forgings that seem to make all the frames a bit different. Did Emblem end up purchasing all of the Pierce inventory or not? This I don't know, but Filmonger(rip) provides a clue on page one of this thread. As stated below.....
On Oct 3rd, 1912 the notice of the Pierce Bankruptcy sale was as follows....."The property to be sold consists of the machinery for the manufacture of bicycles and motorcycles, finished bicycles and single cylinder and four cylinder cycles, shafting pulleys, office furniture and fixtures, vices, benches, raw stock of cold drawn steel tubing, castings, etc. consisting of tires, grips, magnetos, carburetors, handlebars, coaster brakes, licenses, contracts, and all other rights to Pierce Cycles" So basically the entire functional plant with machinery and inventory that Pierce was operating when going bankrupt was purchased but was it Emblem who purchased it all?
One thing specifically about Emblem Manufacturing eludes me..... The REAR axle reverse-drop fork fitments. Emblem used std looking pinched/brazed ones from the late 1800's into the 1900's up to the purchase of Pierce in 1912-15. But Emblem seems to have used the elegant and smoothed Pierce-style rear fork axle forgings on both Emblem badged and PIerce badged frames after the purchase. Emblem continued to use this rear axle forging up through the 30's. Why is this? Was it all the old Pierce inventory? Why do I see only a few pinched/brazed typical rear dropouts on Emblems after 1915? Were these slim Pierce-style rear axle forgings used by Emblem from the leftover inventory of 1912 or did Emblem continue to manufacture them and use them on their frames post-Pierce bankruptcy? Do post-teens Emblems have rear fork fitments that look typical? Hmmmmm...below is my example in process of a heavy service Emblem made Pierce. Fortunately, the beautiful "Emblem Blue" seen on their motorcycles was under the red paint.
Cheers all!

The elegant Pierce rear axle fitment forging...

Last edited:
Back