When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emblem Streamline

-

ohdeebee

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
To start, I know nothing about this bike. I initially bought it with the sole intention of parting it out. Nice reflectors, finned fat torpedo light, nice saddle, unique frame, it was tempting. I had never seen another bike with this same look so I assumed it was a bit of a frankenbike. As it turns out this bike is original and in its original paint. I'll have to build a wheelset for it and have the seat repaired (the cover is just sitting on the pan), but according to Phil, this bike is "exceedingly rare". No other survivors are known at this time. If anyone else has one of these or pictures of one, I would love to see it. I was unable to find any pictures whatsoever on the internet. This bike has no serial number that I was able to find. Most of the shiny parts appear to be nickel, not chrome. The grips are not any of the common styles found on other bikes of this period and I've never seen a chainring like this one. Here are some somewhat detailed pics and I will be more than happy to provide any other pics or info that anyone out there would like. Enjoy!

052212095917-1.jpg

052212094022-1.jpg

052212093954-1.jpg

052212093900-1.jpg

052212091836-1.jpg

052212091804-1.jpg

052212091756-1.jpg

052212091627-1.jpg

There is at least one other similar survivor out there as an Emblem built bike with the same frame sold on eBay a few years ago. (It was in better overall condition so it is not the same bike resurfacing.) Other than that bike, this one is the only one I know of in the hobby; how many are in collections or barns is open to speculation but I don’t believe they were produced in significant numbers originally as the Emblem Mfg. Co. was in its death throes by the time this bike was manufactured .

I believe a period picture of one of these bikes was printed in the CBN several issues back and that is all the paper information I have seen on this model.

I’ll circle back and note a few more of my observations about the bike as I have a chance.

A BIG Thank You for posting this find! It's the piece of the Pierce (Emblem) puzzle I've been looking for. I've seen what appeared to be Pierce designed (it's a very distinctive design) tricycles, but they carried the Greyhound model name. Here's one on ebay now - http://www.ebay.com/itm/290712829627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 I didn't have any evidence linking the Greyhound model name to the Pierce or Emblem Mfr. name until now. This was the missing piece of the puzzle I needed! :)

Dave

This is about as cleaned up as its going to get for now. I think the rims might be too shiny for the rest of the bike. I wrapped the wheels in some Carlisle Snake Belly tires that aren't in the best of shape but I think they match the condition of the bike very well. Enjoy!

052312115148-1.jpg

052312115159-1.jpg

052312115241-1.jpg

Back