When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement present

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
what kind of strange relationships are you guys involved in where a bicycle will lead to fights and divorce? I can't even imagine how that conversation would start. back when I was young and handsome I can remember tandems on Century rides and some of you can't make it 20 minutes.

I’m planning to build this EV trailer, to help push my tandems and use it for hauling things from the hardware store, plant nursery and grocery store. Perfect for bicycle camping, too.

6C47D247-1110-4F4C-9074-F14D6A4504E0.jpeg

F62D4A3D-F7E4-4B69-A888-4E7E3B879EF1.jpeg

37CA4A26-C518-487C-B19A-44C651B31750.jpeg

07FA0CB7-6FF3-409E-BA3A-9490C6722DCB.jpeg

82EAB739-FD88-4914-B3CF-B92395182706.jpeg

Correlated to this topic. 6-7 years ago I bought a trailer able 26' sailboat and wife had no problems. I'd envisioned we'd learn how and go sailing together, fun times, etc. blah, blah, yadda, yadda.

However, in my delusion, I neglected to apply the female factor and 1st mate concept to the dream.
The boat has never moved an inch from the happy day she and I brought it home.

Disclaimer: Ladies, U perfectly welcome to call it 'The male factor' as, I'm good wit dat too.

Last edited:
Correlated to this topic. 6-7 years ago I bought a trailer able 26' sailboat and wife had no problems. I'd envisioned we'd learn how and go sailing together, fun times, etc. blah, blah, yadda, yadda.

However, in my delusion, I neglected to apply the female factor and 1st mate concept to the dream.
The boat has never moved an inch from the happy day she and I brought it home.
Show us your sailboat

No photos so, use your imagination. U find a 30 year old Tandem at yard sale, that was at least taken care of until about 5 year ago and then left out. Not dead, far from it but, where's the love?
The only tandem I have was poorly home made from a Rollfast cantilever & who knows what girls bike. I think they would make a Great stretch chopper with some changes & If you Really have a woman who will sync with you riding they could be worth the space they take up! I however, am single so more so lean to the stretch more so

The only tandem I have was poorly home made from a Rollfast cantilever & who knows what girls bike. I think they would make a Great stretch chopper with some changes & If you Really have a woman who will sync with you riding they could be worth the space they take up! I however, am single so more so lean to the stretch more so
Like a bike, a boat needs to be; not just setting around. Covered or stored but 26' is a stretch to do either. At least, U gotta be polishing em every 6 months, Airing and rolling trailer tires. If ya let em go, like; if you leave a bike out for 5 years, or rather, what you can see often enough are Tandems that got kicked out of the garage and sat exposed to the elements; ain't a pretty sight. Least the flowers wilt, when the honeymoon is over, Ya gotta give em some love. .

twinn2-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
@Wildpitch28 You've got it now, give it a try and let us know how it goes.. We have 2 tandems, a blue 67 Schwinn Twinn with a 5-speed, and an old black coaster brake tandem that might be a Huffy that we've had for 25 years. The kids mostly rode that one, but it's buried in the shed now.

We've been married going on 30 years, and when we do ride we've done Ok. They are fun on occasion, and admittedly we don't ride ours often. You'll have to decide after trying it, but you and your wife should try for sure.

They are a pain to store though, so hopefully you have room. And it might be a good idea to ride it by yourself at first to get used to steering the thing, it's a bit like a bus. And I agree with the advice on sticking to trails or flat quiet neighborhood streets.

We have two. These are the suggested rules.
1) You must take a turn as the back stroker so you see and feel what the wife experiences. My wife closes her eyes. One couple rode a middle weight across the United States in1948 with a three speed. The wife on the back saw nothing.
2) A child is Okay but they must hang on.
3) Show her how to use the brakes but then they are on all the time.
4) Tell her that all liberated women love to ride in the back and show their courage.
5). Promise her a new car if she lasts for more than a minute.
6) "I won't get two miles ahead of you. I'll be right here."
7) I put a two speed kickback gear on mine so I could at least go over toothpicks in the road. Up hill, even in flat Illinois, is a drama for a guy whose wife is weak in the legs. I am 76.
8). You are more of a man than these candy a_ _ es that are teasing you. Lots of wine in the wife before her first ride. Make sure that it gets filmed.
9) In a park in Chicago, volunteers take blind people for tandem rides. The only sport blind people can enter is stroker on a tandem.

Last edited:
Back