When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ERD of Noah Stutzmans clinchers

-

gtdohn

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Anyone have the ERD of one of Noah Stutzmans clincher wood rims. I need it to figure out what spoke length to use with them.

thanks.

You would be doing yourself a favour by waiting for the arrival of your rims and determining this yourself. Well worth the wait...and waiting is part of the process. A Zen, Amish kind of thing!

Last edited:
I find Sheldon's site very helpful

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/spoke-length.html

This is a simple way to calculate ERD as well.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 4.57.07 p.m..jpg

Last edited:
I never tried the method described above in the filmonger post. I think I will try it next time...

The method I use is: measure the outer diameter all the way to the edge (A); then put a straight-edge across the rim , a nipple in the hole, and measure from straight-edge to top of nipple (B). (A) - (2B) = ERD

I'm going to try both and see if they come out the same. If they don't, it would operator error :)

We've ordered several sets of Stutzman's wheels ~ Oak with metal clad inserts, 36 (or 32 hole etc.) 700c, believe they were 35mm, and Scott Mc has the correct spokes for those.

Darcie

Back