When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Erector Set Hudson 4-6-4

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It's 37 inches long. Used over 400 hundred slotted screws. All metal, no plastic. Had to make the top of cab from sheet metal, other than a few small pieces, it's all from common Erector Set parts. I left the pilot the original Erector Set yellow paint. Everything else, I painted flat black.

Going to make a fine addition to the shop, joining all the other Erector Set projects and assorted junk. There's one Schwinn part included. The headlight on the front is a steel bushing. The hood a piece of bent Sheetmetal bolted at the top. Notice the old style locking Schwinn rear wheel lock washer?

The "Airplane Ride," pictured below was finished just before starting the locomotive.

Melted down an old pewter teapot to cast the three couplers. The wife won't miss it. The " Zep," pictured below, was also a fun build. 30 years ago I was making leaded glass windows, today it's old erector sets. Just stated putting together a pre-war Ranger that I got from Memory Lane, last year. Gotta think "Summer." As always, have fun with your hobbies.

Last edited:
-----

👨‍🔧

what scale dost thee estimate the loco to be?

who does the dusting in your man cave...or do you just use a leaf blower? 😁

-----

Back