When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Erector Set Locomotive Hudson 4-6-4

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just got done adding a classic Schwinn part to complete the Hudson 4-6-4 steam engine. There's actually two parts off a Schwinn bicycle used. Can anyone spot them? Everything else is mostly classic standard Erector Set parts. No plastic parts used and well over 400 slotted screws. I'll post the answer to the two Schwinn parts, tomorrow. Hint: One comes off a rear fender, the other off a rear wheel.

IMG_0126.JPG

I can see them but won't point them out. One is on top of the boiler and the other is on the nose. How many hours to build that?
Gary, when I posted this, I thought of you. I said to myself, "Tinker, if there's anyone on the CABE that will spot these parts right off, it'll be GTs58." I'll post the part's names tonight. I worked on this on and off for almost two weeks. After it was completed, the boiler didn't look right to me, and I remembered a particular Schwinn part that I thought might work, and it fit nicely. The hardest parts were finding the old short slotted screws and avoiding the temptation of using something made of plastic in it's construction. Lots of fun.

EDIT. The Schwinn parts are: The serrated washer behind the headlight housing is a New Departure locking washer, used on Schwinn rear wheels.
The silver "steam dome," on top the boiler. The curved base is the housing from a rear reflector, used on some Schwinn chrome lightweight fenders.

Last edited:
Back