When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evaluate old Firestone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

Covey534

I"ve restored airplanes & motorcycles but never bicycles (though years ago I was in the bike business.) I recently bought what was presented to me as a 1932 model Firestone. The head badge has what looks like Robin Hood on it & the word "Firestone" only. I bought it partly because it had a 1942 city license plate on it (Waco, TX) & a cute motor attached to the bottom bracket called a "Baby Mosquito".) The serial number on the BB is 2936 [8 on its side] FS with a J under the 2. That's all I know about it. To put it back original I'll have to send some parts out for rechroming (HBs, chainwheel, crank, etc.) It's way past patina & I wonder if I should just make a custom motorized bike out of it. I could easily fabricate an old time fuel tank. I'll try to attach a photo. Ideas, advice & recommendations on chroming would be appreciated. -Mike McMains (FNG)
Well, I don't know know how to reduce the file size so no photo. Sorry.

does it look like this:D
vbulletin

I have all the information you need. this badge is from 1939.
Scott:cool:

Thanks. I'll try again to send a photo. It looks like a '39 Pilot, but the chainguard is different. Where can I get bars & crank rechromed? Is this bike worth restoring if I do it all myself (my labor is real cheap)? The head badge is like your photo, but only single color- black.

Attachments

• Firestone1-R.JPG
    Firestone1-R.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 82
Ok, not a Flying Ace, that was a totally different bike in 1939. your bike is either a 1939 Standard Model, or a Cruiser as shown in the catalog posted higher up. the tank is missing. the Bike was made by Colson. here's a pic of the Standard Model:
pg4.gif

Scott:cool:

OOPs my bad. frame is different. I've got the Firestone flying ace on my Brain. Thats what I want to build one of my colsons into.

1939 Firestone

Thanks for the info. I took some more detail photos & loaded them into photobucket, but I forgot where I found the info on this website on how to get them into this note. That last photo looks like it, including the chainguard. It doesn't have a tank or rack, however. I'm stripping off the rust now & hope to repaint next week. -Mike

Hi Mike,
The photobucket info is under "general discussion about old bikes" at the top of the list.

Back