When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EVANS 800 VISCOUNT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SHO2010

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have a new project to work on. My brother picked up this girls Evans 800,I am going to do the basic maintenance on it and give it a good clean up but I have never seen one of these and wanted to get some information on it. Are they very rare. I have posted some pictures looks to be in pretty good shape, the serial number is H117302G26 can anyone tell me what year this was made. How does the seat adjust there is no clamp on the seat post and dosent look like there ever was a clamp on there could someone have taken the clamp off and never put one back on. Is the rear fender rack original or an addition. Does anyone know if there are replacement jewels for the pedals. Thanks for any help.
20180408_153459.jpg
20180408_153519.jpg
20180408_153612.jpg
20180408_153621.jpg
20180408_153549.jpg
20180408_153647.jpg
20180408_154321.jpg
20180408_154541.jpg
20180408_154634.jpg

Sweet bike! They were made in my hometown area. That spring front end was called the "EVANSACTION" The seat tube adjustment works just like the gooseneck or stem. You have a bolt under the seat @ the top of the tube, it threads into a wedge inside the frame. You might have to remove the seat from the tube to get @ the bolt.

Sweet bike! They were made in my hometown area. That spring front end was called the "EVANSACTION" The seat tube adjustment works just like the gooseneck or stem. You have a bolt under the seat @ the top of the tube, it threads into a wedge inside the frame. You might have to remove the seat from the tube to get @ the bolt.
Thanks for the information I havent started taking it apart yet that that takes care of that mystery.

I had the same color men's Evans Viscount 700. The 800 was the top of the line. Not sure if that Perry (English) rear wheel is original. There's pictures of mine here on the CABE, not sure it they show enough detail to see the brake arm. Interestingly, the so called springer front end is really a bit of a sham. If you look closely you will see a rubber block between the fork and the fork tube. That's where the "action" comes from. Really cool looking bikes.

Mike

Back